Wednesday, January 29, 2014

~keep me in your heart~

 
 
Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I am sitting here enjoying my morning coffee and the sunshine.
 
My indoor plants are loving the sun as well. I only have 5 of them since I am not really a plant person and they were all given to me as gifts.
 
My orchid sent up a shoot that will bring flowers to it in about 6-7 weeks. This is the 5th time I have had a bloom on that plant. I found the perfect spot in front of the window on my kitchen countertop.
 
This plant makes me think about the young couple that gave it to me on Mothers Day several years ago. My hubby and I mentored them, and they have since moved to another state. Time to check in with them to see how they are doing and give them a plant update. The orchid they bought for themselves bit the dust so they love hearing that mine has lasted and bloomed so often.
 
Now onto my card for today. I am still making Valentine cards and need a few more. I used one of the Viva la Verve sketches and color combo for January to make this card.



The color combo is blue, red and brown.  My cupid looks black in this photo but, I actually used Stampin-Up's espresso brown. Love that color for its deep, rich brown color.
Here are the card details: The background designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "more amore" collection. The cupid is a die from Impression Obsession.

Blue rectangle is cut with a Spellbinders die and I used the Verve stamp set "stronger love" for the trailing heart. I wanted it to look like cupid shot it from his arrow. The 3 red hearts are leftovers from the Verve scalloped border die.

The sentiment is  stamped in espresso brown ink and is also from Verve -the "hundred hearts" set. Used the Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies.

Used the Sizzix  embossing folder "adorning accent" on the red band and added an arrow cut in espresso brown to complete my card. Well, that's it for me for today. Want to work on more of these Verve sketches. So until next time.........God Bless. Enjoy your day wherever it takes you.

I am also entering:
1. City Crafter Challenge Blog wants us to create a valentine project.
2. Cuttlebug Mania wants us to create a Valentine "love project".
3. Created with Love has an anything goes challenge.
4. The Pink Elephant has a "love" challenge.
5.  Just Us Girls has a photo inspiration.

11 comments:

  1. what a great job with the sketch Mary! love that cupid and wonderful Winnie the Pooh quote! I grew orchids many years ago - but they finally all stopped producing blooms - they can be tricky! How nice you found the perfect spot to grow them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great job, lovely card love the sentiment, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges. good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary...this is an adorable card! Love the cupid and the heart cascading down! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of the VLV sketch and love the silhouette image. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner
    Created with Love Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love your card, and the sentiment is super. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely precious! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card - I love the little cupid. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! So sweet! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! You did a great job with the color combo! I've never bought orchids because I had heard they were quite touchy. So glad you are able to enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails