Tuesday, January 28, 2014

~Birthday Wishes~

 
Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. My cold is on the downside, I think. I woke up feeling not too bad and that was most of the day. I was even able to get in a little crafting. That's how I judge where I am at with the sickness level (lol)!!!
 
My hubby had a ticket for the Pitt basketball game tonight. They were playing Duke and he said it was the best match-up of this year. So even though he is still not feeling well, he went to the game.
 
It was a sellout at the Petersen Center and as I watched the game on TV I could see the place was jumping with excitement. But, to no avail because we lost 80-65.
 
He had great a great seat and brought me a tee-shirt they were giving away as a freebie. He is home now and all comfy under a blanket watching tv.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #461 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she chose the color palette of  tempting turquoise, coastal cabana and crisp cantaloupe. She loves her shades of blue for sure.
 
On the coastal cabana cardstock, I layered designer paper from the Stampin-Up "afternoon picnic" collection and on the other half I used the Stampin-Up background stamp “weathered”. I stamped in coastal cabana ink. I added kraft ribbon between these 2 panels.

My daisy is cut from the Stampin-Up daisy #2 die in cantaloupe. I sponged with cantaloupe ink before removing from die.  My birthday wishes frame is cut with the Spellbinders die labels 2.

The sentiment is from the Stampin-Up set “sincere salutations” and stamped in turquoise ink. I added 3 Stampin-Up candy dots in turquoise to complete my card.
 
My inspiration for this card came from this card from Darleen Adamo. I had it saved to my faves for a while.  I changed the colors and used a different flower die. 
 
Well, that's it for me for today. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. Thank you to all my blog readers and followers. Your support means a lot to me. Until next time.........God bless. 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Scrapbook Stamp Society has an anything goes challenge + option to use real ribbon.
2.  The Ribbon Girl has an anything goes challenge.
3Stampin For the Weekend has a happy birthday challenge.
4.  Heck of a Challenge has a "new" challenge. I used some new candy dots.
5.  Tando Creative Challenge is bold and bright.


11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the flower is beautiful. Lovely bright images and super layout. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Mary. I love that Coastal Cabana color. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Love the way you used the colors and that flower is Gorgeous!! Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love these colors together, Mary! The flower is beautiful. I'm happy that you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful flower and card Mary.


    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator



    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, Mary, especially with that gorgeous orange flower and the distressed background!!!! I'm glad you are feeling better...it's no fun to be sick but when you feel like stamping, things are looking up!!!!! Sorry about the basketball loss....I have never gotten into basketball until this year because our granddaughter plays on the 8th grade team...I think the girls games are better than the boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card!!! The colours are wonderful, and the background and flower really fab. Thank you for playing along with us at Tando Creative Mary! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Mary. Love that color combo... gives such a summery feel to your card. The layered flower is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a pretty card - thank you for sharing at Tando creative challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...this is gorgeous! Love the colors! So glad you (and hubby) are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails