Wednesday, January 22, 2014

~Cupid~


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.  We are back to really frigid temps here in Pittsburgh. It caused school delays today and lots of evening activity cancellations. It was a bit colder last night but that didn't bother hubby and I. We had a date night scheduled and going to the Petersen Center to watch the University of Pittsburgh play Clemson in basketball was a part of it. We stomped Clemson 76-43 so that made fighting the frigid temps worth it. Our night started at our favorite pizza shop for some dinner before the game. It was a great night spent with my hubby.

Today I went over to pick my youngest grandson up at school since I didn't make it there yesterday. I spent a few hours with all 3 of the boys and then made my way home this evening.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge #424. Audrie was our hostess and she took us to the Design-Seeds site. We were able to choose our own color palette for our card. This was my choice.
I used just 2 of the colors in this palette - the red and blue.


My card layout is from last week's sketch challenge #471.

And, also for Friday's free for all challenge #204. Dawn was the hostess for this one, and she challenged us to use patterns in our card. I used dots and chevrons to create my valentine card. My paper is from Stampin-Up "fresh prints' collection. I love the dot pattern. Chevrons are a die from MFT and they are cut from coastal cabana cardstock.

The Cupid and love you heart are new dies that I just bought from Impression Obsession. I think they are so cute. I am alos entering one of their challenges for the first time. Here is the link for the I {Heart} You Challenge.

Well, that's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless.

I am also entering:
1.  Divas By Design has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Fab 'n Funky is all about the words.
3.  Creative Craft Challenges 2 has a "new" challenge. My cupid and love word are new dies.
4.  Cuttin' and Stampin' has an anything goes with arrows.
5.  Through the Craft Room Door has an anything goes.

14 comments:

  1. Mary, your date night sounds like so much fun - cold or not!!

    Love your card and the way you cut that paper. Cute die cut too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the Fresh Prints paper! One of my favs right now. Your card is darling and I think the zig zags are the perfect touch! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh that sounds like a cold but good evening.
    Love the card -the dies are cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, cute image, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great Valentine Mary! love that cupid and the mint/red colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful Valentine´s Day card. I LOVE it. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab´n´Funky Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this paper, Mary! It looks adorable with your Cupid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that touch of blue on this Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Mary!! The fun dots and zig zags are so fun with the sweet cupid! Sounds like a fun date night :) HOpe you have a great weekend. Also wondering if you got my email ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Valentine's Day card! Thank you for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card. Love the design and colour scheme.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x
    {Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Valentine's card...thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design and Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Valentines Day card! Love IO's new little cupid too! Also love the aqua chevrons. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails