Sunday, November 17, 2013

You Light Up My Life

 
Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We had a church outing today after service. It was an afternoon of bowling and pizza.  We had such a fun time but only about 45 people ended up going.
 
My hubby and I had a little competition going with each other. I won the first game with a 166 score and he won the second with a 143. Our time ran out on the 3rd game before we could finish the game. We only had 2 hours and the lanes shut down automatically at 2 hours exactly.
 
Now this evening we are off to the Univ of Pittsburgh basketball game. It's a pre-season game but it will still be a great atmosphere with the band and the cheerleaders.
 
Now onto my card for today. this is another that I made for the HYCCT challenges on Splitcoaststampers. Rebecca was our hostess and her challenge was "strength of steel".  
 
She wants us to show off our metal. She gave us several options for the metal. I used aluminum foil and embossed with a Cuttlebug flower embossing folder. I never used foil on a card before, and I was pleased with how it turned out.

Used the Stampin-U daisy die #2 and cut a flower from glitter paper. Added some flags with the Verve pennant trim die. Sentiment is also a Verve Stamp.

Completed my card by adding some ribbon treatment. The breast cancer awareness button is from Dress It Up Buttons.
 
Well that's it for this post. It's time to leave for our basketball game. So until next time.......God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  Hiding in my craft room wants us to use die-cuts. I used one for my daisy and one for my sentiment.
2.  A little bit crafty wants to see sparkle and shine. I used foil for my background and cut my flower with glitter paper.
3.  Emerald Faeries Challenge is ribbon and bling.
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! LOVE the embossing! Your colors are great together, and the flower looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had some fun plans with the bowling and football game Mary! Your wonderful embossed silver background sets of the pink so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Mary!! I do love the embossed foil with the big gorgeous flower!! Sounds like a fun afternoon bowling with friend :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mary! Just popping in to see what you have been working on and it is a beauty! Love the color palette and the embossing. Following you now!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! This is such a beautiful card, Mary...I absolutely love the foil background and your pink flower looks sooo pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, so simple but very elegant. Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC this time & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! Love the pink flowers! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Hiding In My Craft Room for our Die Cut challenge. Hope to see you again next week (or this week ;) ). (and Good Luck!!!)

    Kathy HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails