Saturday, November 23, 2013

Washi Tape Birthday



 
Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Our youngest grandson is coming over today to spend the day.
 
The local high school football championships are being played. Usually my hubby and he go to the stadium to watch all 4 games, but this year Ethan has a basketball game at 12:00. His game is on our side of town so we will go and then bring him back here. The football games will be on TV so they will eat pizza and enjoy each other's company and football. Their is a special bond between the two of them.
 
As for me, I will be making Christmas cards and also enjoying have Ethan over for the day. A local boutique is selling my cards on a consignment basis. So I have to get some Christmas ones made. I put 4 in their already but need at least 10 more. I don't make the same card so I have to come up with ideas and layouts for them.
 
Anyway, onto my card for today. This is another one that I made for the HYCCT challenges on Splitcoaststampers. The site is in the middle of awarding all the prizes now. I did win a $25 gift card to Waltzingmouse Stamps. Their are 5 grand prizes yet to be awarded and since I completed every challenge, I am in the running for those.
 
This is my card for Donna's HYCCT1314 blingtastic challenge. She wants us to create a card that is totally blingtastic and use glitter and rhinestones.

For the glitter I used pink glitter paper. I decided to create a birthday card. My birthday word is cut from the pink glitter paper with a PTI die.

I used Washi tape and some Tim Holtz tissue tape to create a background. I have never used Washi tape on a card before and I like the results so I will definitely try it again.

 My printed images (presents and bird) are from Darcie's Stamps-her U-cut line. They are all ready for a project-you just have to do fussy cutting. These images  helped me complete 4 cards for the HYCCT challenges. I added rhinestones to complete this card.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time..........God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1. Crafts For Eternity Recipe Challenge wants us to use glitter and sparkle.
2.  Crafty Hands Challenge Blog has a sparkle and bling.
3.  Sister Act has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Krafty Girls has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Happy Campers Challenge is to glitter it.

8 comments:

  1. Awww, love your sweet card Mary. Makes me feel like singing, "Happy Birthday." Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with that touch of sparkle. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just returned from the Alabama football game and it was really cold and windy.....glad to get back to the car.

    Your card is just so cheerful. I love using Washi tape as it is so easy but I forget I have it. Duh!

    Congrats on winning the $25 gift card and good luck on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cute card, love the layout, thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! So bright and bling-y!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! and I love that music washi tape! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful card Mary!! The musical washi tape is tooo cool! Have fun with your grandson. Have a Blessed Happy Thanksgiving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, thanks so much for entering the Crafty Girls Challenge!
    Hugs Donna DT x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails