Sunday, October 27, 2013

HYCCT ~Smile Challenge~

 
Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I had a great time with my stamping friends yesterday and we had a great lunch together. I forgot to take pictures.
 
I made some vegetable beef barley soup that was such a hit. It was a chilly day yesterday so soup was the perfect lunch dish. I also served a cheese and fruit platter. A couple of the girls brought some delicious desserts.
 
I was able to complete 4 Christmas cards. For me that is good because I am such a slow crafter. Everyone was working on different projects-Christmas cards-scrapbooking-mini album-birthday cards and even candle decorating. I hope we can do it again soon.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for Jeanne's HYCCT challenge on Splitcoaststampers. She wants us to make a card that will put a smile on someone's face at the UT MD Cancer Center. That's where this card is going.

I thought of this little PI girl from MFT and I thought that would work for sure.
I used the Stampin-Up tree from the set "season of friendship" and stamped the MFT  image to that.

My PI girl's dress and shoes are paper pieced. I colored her face and hair with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. On the tree I added the flowers and leaves that come in the  Stampin-Up  set. Stamped in melon mambo and old olive and then fussy cut. Used pearls for the centers.

To complete my card I stamped the sentiment, added a few clouds using an A-muse stamp and some die cut grass.

On another note. I posted this card on Splitcoaststampers on Thursday morning. On Thursday night another stamper posted a very-very similar card on her blog for a contest that MFT was running.
Did she see my card and use it as inspiration? I think yes but she never acknowledged that on her blog. So not cool!!! MFT even highlighted her card as a fave that's how I happened to see her card.  
 
As stampers, we have all used other stamper's cards an inspiration. BUT, the common courtesy is to give the other stamper credit not try to pass the idea off as your own. Enough said!!!
 
That's it for me for today. So until next time......God bless.
 
Card Recipe:
Stamps: season of friendship (stampin-up), start each day with whee (mft), clouds (amuse)    
Paper: melon mambo, old olive, ww, welcome neighbor dsp (SU) Gina K white   
Ink: choc chip, melon mambo, old olive, memento tuxedo black Accessories: Mft grass die, prismacolor pencils and gamsol, pearls
Techniques: paper piecing I am also entering:
1.  613 Avenue Create has any anything goes with optional paper piecing.
2.  Amusing Challenge has an anything goes.
3.  Challenges 4 Everybody has an anything goes.
4.  Fashionable Stamping Challenge wants us to make a card.
5.  Word Play Saturday  has an "anything" challenge.
 


9 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so clever! You'd never know those stamps weren't made to go with each other. Season of friendship has always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sweet design will certainly bring a smile to the face of the receiver Mary - love your flowering tree and die cut grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combined all of the images together! This is such a sweet card!
    So sorry that your card was lifted without credit... While we all enjoy sharing ideas, it's a bit dishonest to CASE without acknowledging the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little girl is adorable and I LOVE how you put her swing in this pretty tree! The world would be a better place if we all started our day with a whee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real sweet card, would give a smile to everyone. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love this sweet card...the tree is very fun! Glad you had fun crafting with the girls. So crummy that someone copied your card, that is so stinking rude. Im amazed that people can be like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!! How adorable is the girl on the swing and I just adore the sentiment I think we should all start the day doing that :)
    Hugs
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, that little cutie is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Mary! What a delightful card! This is the kind of design that just makes the recipient smile as soon as they pull it out of the envelope. Thanks for sharing that smile with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails