Thursday, October 31, 2013

HYCCT ~love-life~

 
 
Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. This has been a crazy week. I ended up getting sick with flu-like symptoms.
 
Congestion in my chest, raspy voice and achy body. It started last Friday after my time at pre-school. I volunteer there. I am going to have to double or triple up on my Vitamin C intake for the next several months. I certainly don't want this to be a steady occurrence.
 
But, I am feeling better and now its time to get back to creating. I miss it when I am not making cards.
 
This one I made for  Misti's HYCCT1306 challenge on Splitcoaststampers. She wants us to choose one of the colors of cancer for our card.  Check out this choose hope site for the different colors to represent different cancers.

I chose lavender to cover all cancers and white for lung cancer. We have had several different cancers in our family and my sister-in-law had lung cancer that is currently in remission. She just went in for her 6 month check-up and all is well.

For my card I used the layout from a previous MojoMonday sketch #315. My card base is lovely lilac and the striped designer paper is from my stash. 


The bottom rectangle panel I used the Stampin-Up background stamp "parlor prints". My sentiment panel is from the Verve set "text objects". I love this sentiment for this challenge and destination. I will be sending all of my HYCCT cards to The UT MD Cancer center in Houston, TX.

To complete my card I used a Verve scallop heart die. I used the hearts from the die to add interest to the sentiment panel. White ribbon with a lilac button finished it off.
 
I am so behind on completing all the challenges for the HYCCT on Splitcoaststampers. Hopefully, today I will do 3 more. If you are not playing along, there are $5000 worth of prizes to be won. I was a winner last year.
 
I am also entering:
1.  Stamping Royalty is anything goes.
2.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge.
 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Mary. I really like the added hearts and I love stripes.

    Sorry you've been under the weather....hope you're doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary, I love the purple and stripes with the pretty center panel!! HOpe you are feeling MUCH better!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Mary! I love the sentiment, and the meaning behind the colors you selected. This may sound strange, but the Boxers get vitamin C while they are on the road. I give it and L-Lysine to boost the immune system. It must work, because out of 10 dogs in my handler's string of show dogs, Lexi was the only one who did not get kennel cough recently :) It's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, elegant card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails