Thursday, October 3, 2013

~Friendship~

 
Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I took my cards to the boutique that is showing and selling them for me. They are there on consignment, which is fine with me. I have so many cards and selling them is a great option for me. I should probably check into setting up an Etsy shop as well. Something to put on a to do list for me.
 
This evening I met my friend, Jodi for dinner at a new restaurant that opened in our area -the RumFish Beach. We had some great conversation, food and an evening out together.
 
We both tried Hawaiian Ono fish. It's a white, meaty fish and I had mine served with a red pepper cream sauce, fingerling potatoes and roasted cauliflower.
 
It was such a delicious meal and our service was wonderful. The waitress let us talk and didn't bring our bill until we asked her for it. How many restaurants do that these days?
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the Viva la verve challenges on Splitcoaststampers. This was the week 4 sketch provided by the hostess Charmaine.  
 
I used the Verve set "text objects" and stamped the sentiment in the Verve classy label die. Stamped the boat image and then paper pieced the boat.

My background designer paper is from the SU collection "print poetry". The colors are raspberry ripple, primrose petals and summer starfruit. So that's the colors I went with for my card.

I added some texture to the bottom of my card with the Stampin-Up embossing folder "basket weave". To complete the card and sketch I added some primrose petals ribbon with a vintage brad center.
 
That's my card for today. Hope you are able to get some stamping time in this weekend. I am planning a stamping marathon-hopefully!!
 
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Little Fairies has a bows and brads challenge.
2.  Crafty Ribbons has an anything goes with ribbon.
3.  ABC Challenge has a "W" for words challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Mary!!! So glad to hear from you today!!! I miss you! Do hope all is well! Off to browse and catch up on your lovely creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you're selling your cards!!!

    Love this one and that fabulous design paper! Very pretty!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary; I like your card, above all because of the bright colors but also because you have made what I call "a perfect double bow"!
    Thanks for participating in our weekly challenge at Crafty Ribbons,

    La Vikinga // DT at Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary! Love the colors and the sentiment is very pretty. Sounds like you have a great evening out, always nice to spend time with friends :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found us at our new home! Gorgeous card showing off those bows n brads, thanks for playing at Crafty Little Fairies this week. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO and sentiment. Lovely colours too
    Thank for joining us at crafty ribbons
    Hug Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! I love the colours and such a beautiful sentiment.
    Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the panels, and the sentiment is so sweet! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails