Saturday, July 6, 2013

Love is...........

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We had a nice 4th of July celebration with 2 of our grandsons. Their parents were out of town at a baseball tournament with our youngest grandson. So hubby and I were with the other two.

We enjoyed the fireworks display in their community. That was a first for us and we really liked their celebration. The park was filled with local residents, vendors selling food and music. It was a very friendly atmosphere.

I am back home now and just laid back today. My hubby spent some time with his family and I was home alone. I decided to do some crafting. Ha-ha -what else!!

I made another card using the Mojo300 sketch.


I used some of the new Stampin-Up colors and designer paper on this one. Loving all these new colors and on this card I went with crisp cantaloupe, pistachio and soft suede.

I used the honeycomb embossing folder on the card base. Both the designer papers are from Stampin-Up's "venetian romance" collection. My circle is cut in cantaloupe with a Spellbinders die.

On the sentiment panel, I used the Verve set "stronger love". Stamped in soft suede ink and sponged the panel with crisp cantaloupe. I added a Spellbinder's die cut heart to complete my card.

Well it's late and church in the morning so time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time........God bless.

I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers Challenge Blog has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Left of Center Creative Challenge wants us to use a sentiment on the front.
3.  Sister Act Card Challenge has an anything goes.

12 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love all the shading around the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great 4th Mary! Your creation is so pretty, what a beautiful (and true) sentiment! Great job on this Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sentiment, beautiful papers, and love the heart. Your 4th of July sounds like it was a good one. Ours was a total washout...rain, rain, and more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sentiment and beautiful card. I love the colors you chose. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Mary. Love how you interpreted the sketch and the colors you used. Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Mary. Love that sentiment and the soft colors. I haven't gotten any of the new colors yet... but sure want to. :)
    Sounds like it was fun being with your grandkids and watching the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL Mary!! I love the colors, layers and wonderful sentiment, fab job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch. Beautifull colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap
    There's also a DT Call

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Card, Mary! You're right the Crisp Cantaloupe, Soft Suede and Pistachio pudding look fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and such a wonderful sentiment!
    It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, thank you for playing along with us at Left of Center.

    Shelley x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails