Thursday, July 11, 2013

First Christmas Card of Season


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. What a crazy weather day we had here in Pittsburgh.
We had such heavy rains and flash flooding all over the area where I live. The city was in a deadlock because so many roads were closed.
Our emergency management center asked people to stay off the roads in our area. The worst is over now. And after a few morning showers we will have several days of low humidity and sunshine.  
 
Let's get onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #434 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess this week, and I chose a Christmas palette for us with crumb cake, gumball green and cherry cobbler. 
 
As an option I chose a Christmas in July theme. This is my first Christmas card for this year. I am way behind the goal I set for myself.

After I chose the colors and the designer paper the next step for me was the layout. I am using this week’s deconstructed sketch #108.

My designer paper is from the Stampin-Up “festival of prints” collection. On my tilted background panel, I used a cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. Added some cherry cobbler seam binding.

My image is the santa collage from Rubber Stampede. I stamped on crumb cake card stock with vintage photo distress ink. I used a blender pen and white craft ink and a white pencil to lightly color his beard and eyebrows. On his face, I used a blush blossom marker and a pink pencil.

The “merry” is cut from a PaperTrey Ink die. My snowflake is a Spellbinders die.  Hope you can play along with us. It's contest time!! Get more details here.

Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time......God bless.

I am also entering:
1.  Fab 'n Funky has a Christmas in July challenge.
2.  ABC Challenge has a Christmas in July.
3.  Stamp and Create has a Christmas in July.
4.  The Stamp Spot has a Christmas in July challenge.
5.  Hiding in my Craft Room has a red and green challenge.


15 comments:

  1. wonderful card Mary. I love how you have married up grey with the green and red ... I never would have thought they team up together but in this card it looks great! Thanks for joining in The Stamp Spots 'Christmas in July' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Santa is so beautiful! I love the way you added color and dimension to his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty Christmas card Mary, and great job with that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first Christmas card is a winner for sure! So pretty and love that Santa image.
    Stay safe in all the bad weather.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring and shading on the Santa image is gorgeous! Your first Christmas card of the year is a wonderful one!!

    Be safe and keep dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image and the way you used this sketch, fabulous design! That's so great you started making Christmas cards now, I could be inspired to start on mine next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very nice card. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Christmas card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that vintage santa face and traditional colours!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Christmas in July challenge at The Stamp Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these colors together, great job with the sketch. Thanks for sharing your wonderful Christmas card with us at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done! I truly do love that image! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your santa looks fab! I love the little bit of colour in his cheeks, on a mostly monochrome image :)
    Thanks so much for linking up at The Stamp Spot this month!
    Jess D TSS DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous Christmas card, Mary!
    Thanks for playing along with The Stamp Spot, Christmas in July challenge!

    Sandra
    TSS DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails