Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mixed Media


Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.  I started my day off at the gym. I joined this awesome fitness center a couple of weeks ago.
 
It seems an odd time to join in the summer but it's something I have wanted to do for months. I am working with a personal trainer who is getting me set up on a program and she makes sure I do the routine correctly. I really felt good when I left the center today. More to come on this.
 
Onto my projects for today. I made these for the mixed media challenge on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use tissue or a napkin along with mod podge for our background.
 
On my first card I used tissue paper. This came in my latest Verve order. I love the pretty shade of blue and the subtle sparkle. I used it for my background as well as my tissue flower. The tissue flower was so easy to make. I folded the tissue paper so I would have 6 layers and punched with a scallop punch. I put a brad in the center to hold it together.

I crumpled it up and used mod-podge and scrunched it some more for texture. After it dried I used picked raspberry distress ink on the wrinkles to highlight them.

I used the Stampin-Up medallion stamp and stamped the corner in picked raspberry distress ink.
The sentiment was stamped in chocolate chip ink on a mixed media background that I created and was in my stash. I cut it with a Spellbinders labels 16 die.

I used some Tim Holtz tissue tape behind the sentiment panel. Added some dew drops to complete.
On the 2nd card: I again used tissue paper that came in something that I ordered. It was a little heavier weight and has a pattern on it. I crumpled it up and used the mod-podge and scrunched it some more for texture. After it dried I used broken china distress ink on the wrinkles.

I used the Stampin-Up medallion and stamped the corner in melon mambo ink. My flower is made from wrapping paper. The sentiment was stamped on a mixed media background that I created and was in my stash. I cut it with a Spellbinders labels 16 die. My bird is also die cut from scrap mixed-media background pieces.

I also used dew drops to complete this project. Well that's it for me for today. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time.......God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Corner Challenge has an anything goes.
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us through your process. I love the idea of using distress ink on the crinkles. Your cards look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on your mixed medias Mary!! Love the texture and pretty colors AND lovely flowers ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing such an amazing job with your mixed media cards! I love the tissue flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours and the texture on your cards


    thanks for taking part at CREATIVE CORNER CHALLENGES

    Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Verry creative.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous mixed media cards Mary. Love the crumpled tissue paper background and the layered flower... both came out awesome... now I am sad I threw out that tissue paper from Verve! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails