Sunday, September 2, 2012

Great Impressions Stamps September Challenge

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We are enjoying a holiday week-end here in the USA. We are going to watch my youngest grandson play football this afternoon. But other than that no special plans.

Today also kicks off a new monthly challenge on the Great Impressions Blog. This month our theme is "sentiments". If you use a Great Impressions stamp you get a coupon worth 25% off an entire order at Great Impressions store.
The design team will be visiting blogs and hand picking three (3) top pix. So show us your best work and play along. Visit the blog here for linking your card and more info.

I really like taking a sentiment and building a card around that with designer paper, die cuts and ribbon.

My card for today is using the Great Impressions Stamp - "nicest perks F189". I just love the font on this sentiment. I stamped it in melon mambo ink then used the labels 4 Spellbinders die to cut it out. I lightly sponged pink pirouette ink before removing it from the die.

The designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "cheerful treat collection". I love the polka dots in this paper. The designer paper colors work with pink pirouette, melon mambo and lucky limeade. So that's what I went with for my card.

My center band is a jumbo scallop cut from a die from MFT. I added pink felt rick rack over that.

Well that's it for me today. So until next time........God bless

Some other challenges:
1.  Joanna Sheen challenge blog wants to see dots.
2.  Pan Pastel UK Challenge blog  is all about stripes.


5 comments:

  1. Loving that polka dot and stripe combo Mary! Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and splendid combination of colours and patterns

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and dotty, a fab sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this very fun card Mary!! The polka dot and stripes are wonderful together and I think the band is quite cool and I like the sentiment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous, I love the bright colours and the sentiment is fabulous. Thank you for joining with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails