Friday, September 21, 2012

CAS-ual Friday

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. I am doing the happy dance. Why you ask? Well, I am out in San Francisco visiting my sweet little granddaughter Phoenix Daisy. She is a bundle of energy and love at 21 months old.

I get to take care of her while my son and daughter-in-law are at work. I just love it. This will be a short visit -only 5 days so I am making the most of my time with her. And I just found out today that they are coming to Pittsburgh for Christmas. I am super excited to have all my chicks with me for the  Christmas holidays.

I left my hubby home to take care of everything. He wanted to come but his work schedule didn't permit it this time.

So onto my card for today. I don't often do clean and simple cards. They are harder for me for some reason. I guess I just like lots of layers and designer paper.


But, today Great Impressions Stamps is sponsoring the CAS-ual Fridays challenge. Fall fun is the theme this week. So our design team from Great Impressions decided to join in on the challenge.  Click here to see all the design team creations.

For my card, I used the Great Impressions Stamp - second spring E550. I used a Spellbinders maple leaf die and cut it out in pumpkin pie cardstock.  I sponged some cajun craze ink on the cardstock and also stamped the sentiment in this color.

To complete my card, I used some pumpkin pie taffeta ribbon and added a sunflower button to the center.

Well, time to close this post so until next time ...........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  4 Crafty Chicks has a leaves challenge.
2.  Paper Crafting Journey has a sentiments challenge.
3.  Oldie But Goodie challenge is ribbon. Also use something at least 6 months old. My Spellbinders leaf die is 2 yrs old.
4.  Paperminutes blog has an autumn challenge.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my fave Fall sentiments! In fact...don't tell....but I accidentally ordered two! Thanks for the inspiration Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Lots of eye candy here. Wishing you a fab Friday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great CAS creation Mary! The ribbon added the special touch as well. I always tell my daughter that I am coming to see her, but she knows I normally only have eyes for my grandbabies LOL!!! Aren't they wonderful? 21 months is such a fun age as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you and know that you are having a marvelous time! Wonderful card and the ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary - I love this sentiment on that wonderful die-cut leaf! Great job going CAS! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails