Thursday, September 22, 2011
Season of Change
My card for today is one that I made for Thanksgiving card giving. I am also anticipating the upcoming gorgeous fall leaf display in Western PA. We will have incredible leaves of red, gold, mustard, browns and greens mixed with all these colors.
That's what I tried to recreate with my leaves. My stamp set if from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. It's the "season of change" set and it has a matching die. So it makes it super easy to cut the leaf image out. I love the pattern in this leaf set.
I stamped them in Stampin-Up's peach parfait and mellow moss then sponged with cherry cobbler and cajun craze.
I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder "autumn type" for the vanilla background. Just for a bit of texture and to continue my fall theme.
My card base is early expresso a deep rich brown and the middle panels are peach parfait and cajun craze. I think these colors make a great fall combo.
My thankful sentiment is a rub-on and my leaf ribbon is from May Arts.
The layout for my card is the Wednesday sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
That's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless
Some other challenges:
1. Crafting for all seasons blog has a fall colors challenge.
2. I Brake For Challenges blog has a "fallin for you" challenge.
3. Little Red Wagon has a "repeat after me" challenge. I used leaf stamps to repeat the image-a cuttlebug embossing folder and repeated the words on my 3 panels-as well as my leaf ribbon is repeated across the card.
4. Paper Pretties has an inspiration challenge-with fall being the inspiration.
5. Simon Says Stamp has a "dies to die for" challenge. I used a metal die to cut out my leaf images.
6. Raise the bar has a "leave" summer challenge.