Thursday, February 11, 2010

ethan your're a blast


Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.
Well, we had about 6" of new snow and the schools were closed again here in the "Burgh .

We have a lot of icicles on our home right now and this morning a leak started in the upstairs bedroom and the downstairs living room. Not much but its still water and it concerns me.

I put towels on the window sills and then I had to put cups to catch the drips.

My husband went out and knocked some of the icicles down that were hanging from the siding. He didn't touch the gutters because he didn't want to mess up the angle. I think that's what he said.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

After he knocked the icicles off we noticed a lot of water dripping outside. At least its not inside. We thought possibly that it broke up some ice jams. The water started dripping faster in the windows. But my trusty cups are catching it.

We have wood windows and our concern is the wood getting water damage. This has been some winter here in Pittsburgh. Nothing like it since 1994 and I do remember that one very well.

Well, onto my card for today. The Thursday ways to use it challenge over on splitcoaststampers was all about odds. The design rule of odds that is. An odd number of anything is most pleasing in design our hostess told us today.

And, the Wednesday sketch challenge had a layout with a center panel of 3 images. How perfect for the valentines card I was making for my youngest grandson, Ethan.

I have been lovin' the robot images from stampin-up but I didn't have any of them. So I bought a dimensional sticker at Michael's. It was on the clearance rack. I had these designer papers in my stash that had a space design so I had my card.

I cut out the rockets from the recollections designer paper and used the bot sticker. On the inside of the card I repeated the designer paper and stamped "to my valentine".

Do you believe I have not made my other 2 grandsons their cards yet.

I can't mail them now so I will have to go over either Saturday or Sunday with their cards and a little candy or other gift.

I don't know what I have been doing besides our remodeling that puts me so behind with these cards. I guess the remodeling is major so ther is my excuse (lol)!!

On Ethan's card I used stampin-up real red and so saffron for my first 2 layers. Then the designer paper from paper pizazz the blue atom line.

The rockets on the card I cut out from the rockets and sprockets designer paper from recollections. I used some 3-d tape for dimension. I used a cuttlebug folder on the middle so saffron panel-called spots and dots. I thought it looked sort of "spacey".

My sentiment is from stampin-up's pun fun set and I cut it out with the word window punch.

Well, it looks like a wrap for today, my blogger friends. Let me know if you have any suggesgtions for our water leak. And, also any other comments you want to leave are appreciated. God bless!!


card recipe:
stamps: pun fun
ink:memento tuxedo black
paper: su real red, so saffron, paper pizazz dsp, recollections dsp
accessories: word window punch, cb ef spots and dots






2 comments:

  1. Totally adorable card. Love that robot sticker. So sorry about your icicle problem. We had huge ones a year ago that went from the roof to nearly touching the ground.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails