Saturday, February 27, 2010

best wishes


Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Well, we had another 6" of snow overnight. Then we had another 2" throughout the day.

I wanted to go to my grandsons basketball games today and I even attempted the drive. But, before I got out of my area it was snowing and it started to lay on the roads again.

Since, I had to travel about 45 min to get to the game, I decided not to go. I turned around and came home. I was disappointed since Ethan, my youngest, was playing his last game of the season.

I did get to make a card today since I was snowbound. It was for the inspiration challenge on splitcoaststampers. This week we were to make a card based on the costumes from the Olympic figure skaters.

I have been watching the Olympics each night. I enjoyed all the events and the skating competitions were among my favorites.

At first, I didn't think I would take part in the challenge. This was a little more difficult than I thought. The costumes were all so beautiful and I wasn't sure what to do for a card.

When I looked at the costume that Mirai from the USA was wearing, I saw scallops, flowers and flourishes.

So that's how I created my card.

I used some new designer paper from quick quotes paper called irresistible. It has the flourishes and flowers.

I cut a sizzlits nesting swirl in black that had a flower as well. I noticed the costume had a flower at the waist like this one.

On my sentiment panel, I used a scallop edge punch.

That is basically my card. It's time to wrap up this day and this post. It's only 20 days until Spring-yay!!

card recipe:
stamps: kind and caring thoughts
paper: su real red, black, quick quotes dsp
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: sizzlits nesting swirls die






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary! The flourishes,scallops and flowers are right on with your inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails