Thursday, February 4, 2010

birthday collage


Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. We had lots of sunshine here in the 'Burgh today. But, it's sort of like the calm before the storm because tomorrow the weather forecast is for 4-8 inches of snow.

Oh, well it is winter after all.

My contractor is scheduled to come tomorrow to start the refinishing of our hardwood floor. If the snow starts early he may not make it.

When we removed the carpet the floor was in really good shape. So there is not too much that will need to be done.

He is going to hand sand instead of using a machine. Seems like a lot of work for him but it will definitely hold down on the dust.

The painting was finished today. I really like the look of the room. We painted the walls a beige shade (desert fortress) and the chair rail and baseboard a white shade (dujour). I wasn't sure at first but I am so pleased with how it turned out.

This was our second choice after the first didn't turn out. Our contractor actually made the color suggestions. He is a true professional.

So onto my card for today. On Thursday's at splitcoaststampers it's the ways to use it challenge. This week we were to put together a collage.

I have never done a collage before so I went by the description that Julia put on splitcoast about what a collage is:
"an artistic composition of materials and objects pasted over a surface often with unifying lines and colors". I made a birthday card and used the flower as the unifier.

The "so saffron" designer paper has flowers on the background and this was run through a cuttlebug embossing folder.

I added a flower bouquet from Jolees. I also used a fiskars flower border punch.

Then I added some glitter butterflies. That's my card!!I like how it turned out just don't know if it's what a true collage should be.

Well, it looks like its time to wrap up another day in charmed life land. I pray the Lord bless you and keep you.

card recipe:
paper: su so saffron, mellow moss, vv, so saffron dsp
ink: mellow moss
accessories: jolees flowers, colorbok butterflies, border punch, cb ef, brad


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful collage card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully arranged. Lots of wonderful details that really work together. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome collage! you nailed it! love the color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails