Sunday, January 19, 2014

Owl Hugs and Kisses



Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. What is that about Sunday being a day of rest??? I took advantage of that today. 

After church this morning and then lunch, I took a nap. Since napping is not part of a normal routine for me, I don't do well with it. I am not one of those power mappers like my husband. I fall asleep and then stay asleep. I curled up with a comforter around 2:00 and next thing I know it's 6:00. 

I guess it didn't help that I was up until 2:00 am last night and then back up at 7:00 am. So now I am all rested up and hoping that I can go to sleep tonight at a normal hour. 'Cause Monday is my day with my trainer at the gym. I like to be well rested since she works me so hard. 

Now onto my card for today. I am onto Valentine cards right now. I send a lot of them so I make a lot of them. This is my card for Wendy's F4A203 challenge to "pay it forward". She wants us to make a card that we will actually send out. 

I make 4 or 5 valentine cards for my 3 year old granddaughter, Phoenix Daisy, and start mailing them in January. So this is the first. She already loves getting mail from me.

My card idea came from this one by mrsscrapper. I thought her's was so cute and changed it a little by adding punched hearts and a mini tag.

My card is using designer paper from the Stampin-Up "more amore" collection. The heart is from the same collection.
Owls are punched with the owl builder punch.

My tag is stamped with a sentiment from the Stampin-Up "all year cheer" set.

That's my card for today. It's time to watch Downton Abbey. I joined the fan list this year because so many of my stamping friends were talking about it. I want to watch the other 3 seasons so I can get a history of the characters. So until next time........God bless.

I am also entering:
1.  613 Avenue Create is anything goes with optional shades of blue. My designer paper has blue shades in it. Plus my owl vest is in blue.
2.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is "let's celebrate". Mine is valentine's day.
3.  Fantasy Stampers Challenge is anything with wings.
4.  My Time To Craft Challenge is all about the love.
5.  Alphabet Challenge is "Y" make a card for a little one. Mine is for my granddaughter.

11 comments:

  1. What a cute owl card Mary and how fun to send a bunch of Valentine's to Phoenix Daisy! Good for you for going to the gym too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a darling owl "couple". Very sweet Valentine's card. OMGosh, you sure took a LONG and much-needed nap. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling for your granddaughter. Love the paper and the owls on the branch are just the cutest.

    I would be in big trouble if I napped for 4 hrs. I would never go to sleep that night. I don't sleep much as is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an adorable card! I love how their little eyes look at each other. So sweet! I'm not a napper either. I never feel right after waking from a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun valentine card, Mary - the little owls are so cute. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute and cuddly fun card, loving the owls and the hearts. So romantic. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, cute image and great colours, thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this not the cutest, Mary! How perfect to position them atop the heart doily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I bet she loved this adorable card! What a fun idea!!
    I'm finally getting around to visiting and looking at all of your wonderful cards! Hopefully, things have settled down enough that I'll be here on a more regular basis again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails