Monday, July 19, 2021

Wishes Have Wings

Hello Blogger Friends! Happy Monday to you. Hope your weekend was a good one and that there was some fun involved. 

We had plans Friday night to have a young couple from church over for dinner. David wasn't feeling well and then it involved a hospital visit. He was released and it turned out not to be anything serious. Thank the Lord!

Saturday I spent all afternoon at a Rubber Stamp show that was held in the Pittsburgh area. Then Saturday night my hubby went to a men's cookout. It was put on by one of the guys from church. He had a great time, and I was able to spend the evening in my craft room. 

Sunday was a kickback day after church for me. My hubs went over to visit his Mom. Then we had dinner together later in the evening. All in all I enjoyed my weekend. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #848 on Splitcoaststampers.  I was the hostess, and I chose gold, blackberry bliss and calypso coral for the color trio. Optional was to use die cuts. 
This card is using elements from the July 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit "summer nights". This kit was all about summertime with a Ferris wheel, lightning bugs and summer lanterns. Everything you need to made cards are included in these monthly kits.

I made the card according to the kit directions except I angled the vellum jar to make it look like the "lightning bugs" or "fire flies" are flying out of the jar. I had to explain this to my hubby because he didn't understand why the jar was tilted. I thought it was a good idea - maybe not? I also stamped fireworks in calypso coral ink. 

My 'wishes have wings" sentiment is from a Great Impressions stamp. I will use this for a birthday card and the birthday sentiment will be stamped on the inside.

Well that's it for me for this post so until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: Summer Nights (Stampin'-Up), Wishes Have Wings (Great Impressions)
Paper: card base (July 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit), whisper white (Stampin'-Up)rom
Paper Size: A2
Ink: blackberry bliss (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: die cuts (Paper Pumpkin Kit July 2020 (Stampin'-Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting Happiness Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Use Your Stuff Challenge is summer fun. 
3.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
4Creative Fingers #212 has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Love to Craft Challenge is anything goes. 



5 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute fire fly card .. you can hear them buzzing.
    Thanks for sharing at 'Use Your Stuff' hope to see you again.
    Dawn/DTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea and great card. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card and a color combo I wouldn't think to put together but it works! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Challenge 15 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails