Friday, April 23, 2021

Showers of Love

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Hope you are all enjoying this Spring season. We had snow overnight the other day but it quickly melted. But the overnight freezing temps have stuck around. But it's supposed to start warming up again in the next few days. Looking forward to enjoying some warmer weather. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am using the Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline, Clouds Slimline and the Spring Showers Buddies dies. I created a special I love you card for my precious little granddaughter. She loves getting cards from me and saves them all. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I started my card by cutting the Spring Showers Buddies images. I wanted to see what size slimline die to use for my rainy day scene. I cut them using the packaging colors. I like bright colors and these ones are so perfect.
Next I used designer paper and cut my image panel background with the largest of the Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline die. It measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/2". Then I took a raindrops stencil and stenciled raindrops on the background designer paper.
I used gray designer paper to cut the clouds with the Clouds Slimline die. Then I attached to the background designer paper.
Stamped my showers of love sentiment in dark grey ink. I die cut a water puddle and splashes of rain water from the 2019 Spring collection "Rainy Day Duck". It's out of stock but you could use a snowbank die for the same effect. Like the one from the Snowman w/Lamp Post die.
To complete my card I attached the Spring Showers Buddies to the background designer paper with dimensional adhesive.
That's my post for today. So until next time.......God bless.

dies I used to create card:




I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional all creatures big and small. 
2.  Simply Create Too has a stitching challenge. Clouds & image background has stitching. 
32 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter. 
4.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge. 
5Creatalicious Challenge is anything goes with optional of a slimline card. 


   

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card We have a DT call is still ongoing, please check the details on the Challenge Blog if you are interested.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails