Saturday, March 6, 2021

Overlapping Fun Fold with Bluebells



We have been having lots of sunshine here the past few days. You may think that's not a biggie but if you live in Pittsburgh, it definitely is. We don't get a lot of sun in the wintertime. So when it comes it's so enjoyable. 

Today as I type this post we have a tree company here trimming back our Pinoak trees. This type of oak drops half its leaves in the fall then the other half in the Spring time. So to get them trimmed you have to wait until the sap stops flowing so it doesn't damage the tree. 

They are huge trees and my hubby contemplated taking them out. But the expense of that was craziness. So he opted for the trim. This company comes highly recommended and they did a trim on a Pinoak in our neighborhood and did a tremendous job on it.  

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring the new Bird w/Bluebells die. I created an Easter card with this sweet image and also a new to me fun fold technique. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I started my card this week with the layout. I found this cute fun fold technique on YouTube and thought I would give it a try. I will be showing photos and panel sizes but if you want to see a YouTube video from the stamper who created the idea-click here.

Panel sizes:
Lemon-Lime card base: 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"
Heather layer panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White inside sentiment panel: 4" x 5 1/4"
Designer Strips: 3/4" x 4"
Left panel: 3 1/2" x 4"
Designer Paper: 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Right panel: 3" x 3 1/2"
Designer Paper: 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"

I cut my white sentiment panel and adhered the 3/4" strips of designer paper to the top and bottom of panel. I was thinking of stamping a Happy Easter Sentiment then decided on this phrase from the 2019 die - He is Risen Cross die. I cut it in the highland cardstock that coordinates with the designer paper I used.
Next, I cut the side panels for my card. Sizes are above. The idea is to make the panels a square so you make the one side a 1/2" larger for the flap. I scored the left panel at 3 1/2" - it created my flap and now it's a square. I repeated this for the right panel as well. 
The designer paper is attached with double sided tape. The designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "naturally eclectic" collection. 
And, for the flaps I used Scor-Tape. It's a stronger adhesive and I want to be sure the panels won't come off in the mail.
Now, I am ready to attach the side panels to the card base. The left side is attached first then the right side is centered and overlaps the left panel.
Next, I cut my bird & flower images. I used cardstock that matched the designer paper. 
    
I was going too add the images directly on the cardstock but the background was just a bit too busy. So I cut a white square at 2 1/4". I didn't want to cover up all the designer paper on this panel because its to pretty. The images are attached with Ranger multi medium matte. I used dimensional adhesive on the little bird. The lemon-lime base panel was added to cover up the panel flaps on the rear of the card.
Here is a photo of the card inside with the flaps open.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.

die I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Alphabet Challenge is "X" for x-tra folds.
2Crafty Catz has an anything goes with optional die/punches.
3.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  C.R.A.F.T. has an anything goes challenge.  
5.  Cute Card Thursday is anything goes. 
6.  Simon Says Stamp has a beautiful blossoms challenge. 





4 comments:

  1. I love this fun card style. Great fold and idea. Great colors and papers. The image and leaves are perfect along with the sentiment. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz, Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card, with lots of extra folds, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design for these very pretty dies. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge last week! Hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. Great fold technique. Sorry I'm late with the commenting but thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge Xtra folds. xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails