Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Easter Tulips

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Just came back from a 3 mile walk with my hubby. It is around 50° now and the sun is peeking through. So the walk was definitely easier than when it's in the mid-30's. I took several weeks off when it was mid-teen temperatures but I am ready to get back into a daily walk routine. 

I also wanted to get this Blog post done before I start my day. My craft room needs straightened up and I have some household chores to get taken care of. I have a few errands to run as well. Dinner will be simple tonight. We are having tacos. I just cut up a bunch of toppings (green pepper, tomatoes, lettuce), cheese, sour cream and salsa and we build our own. It's always a big hit with my hubby. 

Now onto my card for today. I am slowly getting some Easter cards made. This one I made for the color challenge #834 on Splitcoaststampers.  Chris is the hostess and she chose soft seafoam, cinnamon cider and mossy meadow for her color trio. Optional was to use a shade of pink. I picked up on the optional and used 3 shades of pink for my tulips. 
I just purchased the Exotic Tulips stamp from Altenew. I love their 3 step stamping setsThe images are beautiful and you always get such color depth. The tulips are stamped in pretty in pink, melon mambo and magenta madness. The stems are stamped in soft seafoam and then mossy meadow (stamped off once).

I kept the optional coloring rolling by using magenta madness for my card base. The next layer is soft seafoam. Designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "tranquil textures" collection.

My Easter greeting is stamped in cinnamon cider. I had it stamped directly on the background and then it smeared. So I stamped again in a circle to cover my ink smear. Love it when mistakes can be corrected. 

Finished off my card by scattering a few enamel dots. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.....God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: exotic tulips (Altenew), blessings (MFP)
Paper: magenta madness, soft seafoam, whisper white, tranquil textures dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pretty in pink, melon mambo, magenta madness, soft seafoam, mossy meadow, cinnamon cider (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: stitched rectangle, stitched circle dies (CottageCutz), in-color enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)
Techniques: layered stamping
I am also entering:
1.  Try it on Tuesday has a "say it with flowers" challenge. 
2.  Crafting Happiness Challenges has a flowers challenge. 
3.  Daisy Chain Challenges has a flowers challenge. 
4.  Challenge Up Your Life has a flowers challenge. 
5.  Crafter's Castle has an anything goes challenge. 



4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful card! The tulips are stunning, I love how you achieved the depth and detail with those stampa and colours - gorgeous 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Hope you’ll link up again! We always have two challenge options: 1) weekly theme OR 2) Anything Goes for those who don’t want to use the theme. All craft types welcome, and Unlimited entries!
    Smiles,
    🙂 Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet and lovely! So glad you have shared this with us at Challenge Up Your Life. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails