Monday, June 29, 2020

Potting Shed

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Hope you are enjoying the change in season. We are 9 days into the summer season and it has been so beautiful here with warm and mostly sunny days. Just what you want for summer weather. Our flower beds are spectacular looking right now. 

And, my hubby's vegetable garden is growing nicely. We had our first harvest of basil, parsley and sugar snap peas yesterday. My hubby sautéed the peas with olive oil and garlic. They were fabulous. He doesn't cook but he loves to when it comes to his garden. Mainly the peas and green beans. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my hubby for Father's Day. He is an avid gardener and has a potting shed so when I received this Potting Shed die from CottageCutz I knew exactly what I would do with it. So let's get started with some details on my card. 

I hosted the color challenge #793 on Splitcoaststampers, and the colors I chose worked great for the potting shed image. For this challenge you can use neutrals and that includes dark green, so that was in my favor as well.
blueberry bushel, balmy blue, lovely lipstick
The potting shed was cut in the challenge colors plus neutral shades of brown, gray and green. I sponged the flower pot and the watering can with the same color ink as the cardstock to get a deeper shade of blue. Used a cloud stencil for the clouds and lightly sponged the dark green ink for the grass.

I used the stitched sun, clouds & umbrella die for my cloud and stamped the sentiment in blueberry ink. Finished off this card with a few epoxy hearts. My hubby really liked the card when I gave it to him on Sunday. He always likes cards for him when they are personal like this one. 

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time..........God bless.

dies I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Craft Cottage has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Creative Sketchy Girls has a masculine challenge. 
3 Love to Scrap has a "for the boys" challenge. 
4Creative Crafter has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Crafty Friends has a men/boys challenge

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous card . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Father's Day card! Such a cute design. Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. leuke kaart
    bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
    groetjes jolanda bongers
    DT creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card, thanks for joining us at the Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card for our male challenge. Thanks for playing at Creative Sketchy Girls
    Nancy DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails