Saturday, June 20, 2020

Cardinals Send Christmas Wishes

Hello Blogger Friends!  Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog on this first day of summer 2020. It's a beautiful day here in Pittsburgh with plenty of sunshine and warm temps. Just what you would want the summer to kick off with. 

I started off my day by going to a tee-ball game this morning. A little boy who was in my Pre-School class a couple of years ago was playing in his first game. His Mom asked me to come.  I have maintained a relationship with this family so of course I was going to attend. They don't keep score at this age and the game is about 1 1/2 hours. It was just a fun time watching the game and chatting with the family.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring an older Christmas die - Cardinals & Birdhouse and I created a Christmas card. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card.

Design Steps:
My inspiration to create a Christmas card came from the color challenge #796 on Splitcoaststampers. When I saw the colors just I just thought of Christmas.
real red, pool party, garden green
When I started thinking about my card, I remembered I had a pack of beautiful frosty winter themed designer papers from Stampin'-Up.  I chose this pine tree one that was covered in snow and ice and knew it would be perfect for a scene with cardinals in it. And, my card was born!

The navy color is considered a neutral in this challenge so that color was a go. I took a photo of the entire 6 x 6 piece of cardstock because I wasn't quite sure at this point where I was going to cut the paper.

White card base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Navy blue layering panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer paper layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
I cut the birdhouse and cardinals in the challenge colors. I used a navy panel as an accent on the birdhouse. The branch is cut in soft suede cardstock a neutral shade.

My Christmas wishes sentiment is stamped in garden green ink to satisfy that part of the challenge. 
My elements are cut and I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the die cut images using a combo of glue dots and ranger multi medium matte. This one dries clear so I like using it on die-cuts. 
For the sentiment I cut the banner and used dimensional adhesive to secure it to the top of the card.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base. Added a couple of red glitter enamel dots to highlight the sentiment. And, then scattered a few more and my card is finished. A Christmas card ready for the December stash.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

Die I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge is Christmas.
2.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge is anything goes.
3.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes. 
4CHNC challenge is anything goes Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. That paper is a gorgeous background for the cardinals. Lovely card Mary. Thank you for joining in the "Use Some Washi Tape" Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails