Sunday, April 19, 2020

Floral Blooms Birthday

Hello Blogger friends! Happy Sunday to you. We started our day here in our home with our online church service. 

Our Pastor had an excellent message on fear. Lots of biblical scripture to illustrate what he was preaching on. Here is a Facebook link to it, in case any of you might be interested. It starts off with some prerecorded worship and the actual message is 15 minutes later. 

Then my precious little granddaughter called me on FaceTime. We spent an hour together. So I am having a great day today.

Now, let's move onto my card for today. I used the Spring Blooms die from CottageCutz to create a birthday card.  Here are my design steps:


I started my card this week by selecting a designer paper. I already had a layout in mind using the Stitched Wide Rectangle Frame die that would frame the paper. I found this paper that was in a galaxy collection that I thought would work well because of the soft colors.
I paired it up with Stampin'-Up's highland heather (purple) cardstock

Heather card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Pierced Wide Frame: 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"

 and cut the frame in purple posy (light purple) cardstock.

I then cut the blooms various cardstock colors. You could always cut in white cardstock and then sponge on colors or color with markers or pencils.
I stamped the birthday sentiment directly on the designer paper in a grape ink.
I decided to add this panel to the card base before I attached the die cut blooms. Just in case I decided to take the flowers outside the frame. 
Next I attached the flower spray. I laid it out before attaching to get an idea of where everything should go. I used a combination of glue dots and multi-matte adhesive. 
I worked from the bottom up and used the packaging photo for help with placement. I adjusted to fit my card design. 
I added a few of the lighter purple sequins to finish off my card.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.............God bless.

dies I used to create card:
Card details:
Stamps: be blessed (Verve)
Paper: highland heather, purple posy, gorgeous grape, pear pizzazz, daffodil delight (Stampin'-Up), galaxy dsp (Paper Studio)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: gorgeous grape, berry burst (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: Spring Blooms die (CottageCutz), woven threads sequins (Stampin'-Up)

I am also entering:
1.  WT787 on Splitcoaststampers wants us to use the color purple.
2Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anythinggoes challenge.
3.  Sweet Stampin' Challenge is bloomon' wonderful.
4.  Creative Fingers Challenge is anything goes. 
5Aud Sentiments is celebrating 10 years with a birthday sentiment challenge.   


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background and flowers! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAUW! And what a great instruction: I am sure I am gonna trie sometimes!
    What a beautiful card you have made! Thank you for participating in the Aud Sentiments Challenge # 249, we hope you will participate again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, a beautiful card and a wonderful die set, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw.. Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. Goodness me, Mary, this is so pretty. I wish I could arrange flowers like this, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails