Saturday, September 7, 2019

Mad Hatter Un-Birthday Cake

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's been a hectic week here. Pre-School is getting ready to start next Tuesday and I have been so busy getting the classroom ready, along with my bulletin board and lesson plans. 

We had Welcome Night on Thursday for parents and students. So I also had to have their take home folders ready for that night. It all went well and school starts on Tuesday. It's only an hour and the parents stay since this is the kids first experience with school. Then on Thursday we have our first day without the parents. I have a fun week planned for the kids. 

Anyway let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the Mad Hatter Cake die to create an Un-Birthday card. In case you aren't familiar with the story of Alice in Wonderland, she attends an "Un-Birthday" party.

Alice at first doesn't realize what an un-birthday is; when the Mad Hatter explains it to her, she realizes it is her un-birthday as well, and receives an un-birthday cake from the Mad Hatter.  Everyone has one birthday a year so all the other days are your un-birthday! My friend's daughter loves everything with an "Alice" theme. So I think I am going to send this to her.

I used the sketch #765 from Splitcoaststampers. It would allow me to use designer paper and the center panel is perfect for my Mad Hatter cake image.
I looked through my designer papers for one that would fit with the fantasy world theme of Alice in Wonderland. I found this paper from the Stampin'-Up "playful palette" collection. I thought the quirky design would work. I used the coordinating cardstocks of black and sweet sugarplum for my card base and layering panel.

Black Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Sweet Sugarplum Layering Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Designer Paper: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

I cut the cake image in sweet sugarplum, berry burst, peek-a-boo peach, dapper denim and emerald envy cardstocks.

Since I wanted this to be an Un-Birthday card, I had to get a bit creative with the sentiment. I used the Happy banner from the Festive Birthday Greeting die and then computer generated my Un-Birthday phrase.

To complete my card, I attached the black card base and scattered a few hearts for interest. Well, that's it for me for this post. For all of you out there not celebrating a birthday today, I share this day with all of you. I wish you a very merry, happy, lovely, silly and sweet un-birthday.

dies I used to create card:




I am also entering:
1.  PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
2Cute Card Thursday has an anything goes challenge. 
3Through the Craft Room Door has an anything goes challenge. 



3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Mary! Love the colour palette and gorgeous design. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, wishing you lots of luck.
    Hugs
    Gina https://ginascards.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fantastic die!! Really love the different colors for the layers you've done! The papers are so colorful and fun too! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, fun and colourful, love it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

    Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)
    My Little Patch of Heaven

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails