Saturday, September 28, 2019

Believe in the Magic

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday in September.
 
It's been a whirlwind September for me. Preschool started and I was busy getting my lesson plans and bulletin boards ready. Then I had a short trip to San Francisco to take care of my precious granddaughter.
 
My son asked me last May to come out because they had a short trip planned to New Orleans. It really wasn't a good time for either of us but the time spent with my granddaughter was priceless. Now this weekend I am over my other son's home taking care of their dog while they visit my grandson at college.
 
Now that you know why I haven't posted for awhile, let's get started on my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am using a new Christmas die "Believe in the Magic".
 
I wanted to make a CAS card that would be easy to make multiples of for Christmas. I used this new "let it snow" designer paper from Stampin'-Up. I paired it up with coordinating coastal cabana and white cardstocks.
 
I made it slightly larger than my normal A2 cards.
coastal cabana card base: 5 3/4" x 4 1/2"
white layering panel: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
designer paper panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
I used real red and shaded spruce cardstocks for my die cuts.
Attached the die cut images with Ranger multi medium matte. This one dries clear which is why I like to use it. I wanted to create a partial reindeer shadow in the moon so I cut just one reindeer in black cardstock and did a slight offset.  The moon is cut from the CottageCutz circle set. It's a 2" circle.
To finish off my card I attached the image panel to the card base and scattered a few sequins for interest.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbelieveinthemagicelite.aspx
 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Winter Wonderland has a favorite embellishments challenge. I like sequins.
2.  Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Sweet Stampin' Christmas has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Cute N' Crafty Christmas has an anything goes.
5.  Fab 'n' Funky has a Christmas challenge.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails