Saturday, February 16, 2019

LoveBug Butterfly

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
Well Valentine's Day has come and gone. Hope you got to celebrate it someway. Even if it was just sending out a card to someone. Our celebration was at home. We used to go out to dinner but it's difficult to get a reservation and I can make just as good a meal here in my kitchen. So that's what we have been doing for the past 4 years or so.
 
I serve the dinner in courses. By that I mean I serve a course and then I go back to the kitchen to prepare the next one. It takes about 4 hours for our dinner but we love doing it this way.
 
We started with a cheese platter and a glass of wine. Our next course was a lemon cream fettucine pasta with pistachios and scallops. I used fresh pasta for this. It was so delicious.
The next course was a filet mignon steak with an oven baked potato. Then we finished off with our dessert course of a strawberry filled with mascarpone cheese and drizzled in chocolate. My hubby loved it all. That always makes me feel really good.
 
I attended a cooking class a couple of weeks ago where we made this pasta dish minus the scallops. The instructor had us make the pasta in the class but our local market sells fresh pasta so I just bought it there. I didn't make a salad  because I forgot to look for a recipe for a specialty salad. Then I didn't have the necessary ingredients to prepare one. But, there was enough other food that we didn't miss a salad.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This is one of the cards I made to take to church. I make about 8 or 9 cards and let some of the men select one for their wives. They look forward to it each year. The guy that took this one needs a card that celebrates not only Valentine's Day but also his wife's birthday and their anniversary.
 
I used the CottageCutz Lovebug Butterfly and Valentine Phrase and More dies to create my card. The background designer paper is from the "painted love specialty" Stampin'-Up collection.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. Time to start my Saturday so until next time...…..God bless
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebugbutterfly.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzvalentinephraseandmore.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedroundedrectanglesetbasics.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge is anything goes.
2.  Crafter's Castle has an anything goes with option of Valentine's Day.
3.  Crafty Friends has an anything goes.
4.  Inkspirational wants us to be inspired by the word Text.
5.  Brown Sugar has a Love/Valentine's Day challenge.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is bright, fun, and beautiful, all wrapped into one....I love it! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I like your layering, the great use of the dies, and the sweet image. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! This card is fantastic as this butterfly!!! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge. Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Friends Challenge and we hope to see you again for our next challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge ,hope to see you again
    ลฝeljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails