Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Birthday Shaker Card

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog on this 7th day of November 2017.
 
Today is a special day for me. I am celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how quickly the years have gone. I still remember lots of the excitement of my wedding day. We are going to dinner to celebrate tonight. Just not sure where yet. It will be someplace special I am sure.
 
 I made this card to give to my hubby. Don't know why I didn't wait until today to post it (lol)! Anyway, my card for today is a birthday shaker card. So let's get started with some details.
 
This is my card for 2 challenges over on Splitcoaststampers. :

1. Rebecca's DTGD challenge

2. CC646 where Karen was the hostess. She chose powder pink, sweet sugarplum and mint macaron for her color trio. Optional this week is pearls. I used enamel dots because of the type of card I made and its for a little girl so pearls didn't work for me.
powder pink, sweet sugarplum, mint macaron
For the background  Iused sweet sugarplum designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "petal garden collection". I layered that onto sweet sugarplum cardstock and the card base is mint macaron.

The image panel is a birthday die from PTI. I layered a back panel of powder pink to hold the sequins in place. Embellished this panel with enamel dots & twine in the sweet sugarplum & mint macaron colors.

My heart balloon is a balloon die from CottageCutz. Stamped happy birthday in sweet sugarplum and my card is finished. Well, time for me to close this post. I have a few things I want to get done before my hubby comes home from work.
 
So until next time .......God bless
 
card details:
Stamps: island life (MFP)  
Paper: mint macaron, sweet sugarplum, very vanilla, petal garden dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: sweet sugarplum
Accessories: Phrase Play 5 die (PTI), Balloons variety die (CottageCutz), sweet sugarplum twine, enamel dots, foam adhesive strips (Stampin'-Up), sequins (Darice), powder tool (EK Success)  
Techniques: Shaker Card  

I am also entering:
1.  Scrapper's Delights has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Stamps & Fun =Creativity has a special occasions challenge
3.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes challenge.
4Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Crazy 4Challenges has a layer it up challenge.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful shaker card, thank you for sharing with us over at Lil patch of crafty friends this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic color combo and shaker cards are always so fun!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails