Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Christmas Star

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
I am getting ready for a visit from my son and his family the end of this week. My precious 6 year old granddaughter will be here for a week. It will be such a wonderful family time.
 
We also will be having our annual extended family picnic on Saturday. That will be a great time as well. My brother hosts this at his home. His house is large and laid out in a way that the 70 of us that show up won't be crammed in there. He also has a huge backyard, patio and deck that accommodates everyone nicely. This year he added a pool for those that will want to swim.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #642 on Splitcoaststampers.  Barbara was our hostess and she chose tranquil tide, pool party and silver for her color trio. Optional was Christmas in July.
 
tranquil tide, silver, pool party
For my card I decided to use the Stampin'-Up set "star of light". I saw this card on Pinterest as inspiration. I used different colors, added additional layers and silver stars to make it my own.

On the horizontal rectangle panel I stamped the star swirl in tranquil tide ink. Layered that over tranquil tide cardstock.
On the image panel, I stamped the star light trails in tranquil tide ink. The MISTI was a great help with placement.
The stars are cut with the matching dies to this set-in pool party, tranquil tide and silver.

I stamped some additional stars in the upper left corner and added a couple of silver stars to the star swirl.
My Merry Christmas sentiment is also from the star of light set. I cut a banner with an MFT die in pool party cardstock and stamped in tranquil tide ink.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: star of light (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: : pool party, tranquil tide, whisper white, silver  
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tranquil tide
Accessories: starlight thinlits (Stampin'-Up), flag dies (MFT), MISTI  
I am also entering:  
1.  Christmas All Year Round has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Creative Craft Cottage has a Christmas in July challenge.
3.  Die Cut Divas has a Christmas in July Challenge
4.  Weekly Christmas Card Challenges has an anything goes.
5.  CHNC #342 is anything goes Christmas. Optional use a die-cut



6 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE this color palette and the gorgeous cross die. GORGEOUS! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, the color is so soothing! Have fun with you sweet granddaughter and family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 342 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card! The colors are put together nicely and the die is excellent! Thanks joining us for our Christmas in July challenge!
    Monica- Die Cut Diva's DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges and at CCAYR! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR July challenge, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails