Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Christmas Greetings

Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Tuesday to you all. Hope you had a relaxing weekend whatever you did and now are into the routine of the week. Now that Monday has passed (lol!!)
 
My Mother-in-law came to spend Sunday with us and then we had dinner together. I made a great chicken dish using a recipe from Food Network. It was so full of flavor with garlic, lemon, thyme and oregano. Here is a link to the recipe. It's an easy one to make as well.
 
I served this with baked potatoes. I started them off in the microwave (3 minutes) and then brushed with butter and a little salt wrapped individually in foil and put them in the oven for 35 minutes. They are so good made this way.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the sketch challenge #647 on Splitcoaststampers. Diane was our hostess and she gave us a great layout to work into a card.
I decided to make a Christmas card with this layout. I was going to enter this in the Merry Monday Christmas challenge but the challenge was already over for Mistletoe. Oh well, I still have another Christmas card for the stash. I have another piece of this plaid background paper so I am definitely going to make another one.
 
The background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "merry moments" collection. I wanted to use this plaid pattern for 2 years in a row on some Christmas cards and it never happened.

On the longest rectangle panel, I used the CottageCutz holiday greenery die for my mistletoe and cut it in mossy meadow cardstock. I also scattered some dots on this panel.

The Christmas Greetings sentiment is another die from CottageCutz. I cut this in cherry cobbler cardstock. I used the sentiment for panel 5 in the sketch.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. Until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Merry Moments DSP & Festival of Prints DSP (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: holiday greenery & christmas greetings dies (CottageCutz)
 
 Dies I used to create Card:
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidaygreenery.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Christmas Card Challenge #14 is anything goes. Optional: Photo Inspiration.
2.  Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #336 is anything goes.
3.  Happy Little Stampers June Christmas Challenge is anything goes
4.  Allsorts has a Christmas in June Challenge.
 
  

 




 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty Christmas card Mary and perfect for our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 336 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!
    Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that big sentiment! Cute, cute! Thanks for linking up with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails