Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Christmas Greetings

Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Tuesday to you all. Hope you had a relaxing weekend whatever you did and now are into the routine of the week. Now that Monday has passed (lol!!)
 
My Mother-in-law came to spend Sunday with us and then we had dinner together. I made a great chicken dish using a recipe from Food Network. It was so full of flavor with garlic, lemon, thyme and oregano. Here is a link to the recipe. It's an easy one to make as well.
 
I served this with baked potatoes. I started them off in the microwave (3 minutes) and then brushed with butter and a little salt wrapped individually in foil and put them in the oven for 35 minutes. They are so good made this way.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the sketch challenge #647 on Splitcoaststampers. Diane was our hostess and she gave us a great layout to work into a card.
I decided to make a Christmas card with this layout. I was going to enter this in the Merry Monday Christmas challenge but the challenge was already over for Mistletoe. Oh well, I still have another Christmas card for the stash. I have another piece of this plaid background paper so I am definitely going to make another one.
 
The background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "merry moments" collection. I wanted to use this plaid pattern for 2 years in a row on some Christmas cards and it never happened.

On the longest rectangle panel, I used the CottageCutz holiday greenery die for my mistletoe and cut it in mossy meadow cardstock. I also scattered some dots on this panel.

The Christmas Greetings sentiment is another die from CottageCutz. I cut this in cherry cobbler cardstock. I used the sentiment for panel 5 in the sketch.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. Until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Merry Moments DSP & Festival of Prints DSP (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: holiday greenery & christmas greetings dies (CottageCutz)
 
 Dies I used to create Card:
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidaygreenery.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Christmas Card Challenge #14 is anything goes. Optional: Photo Inspiration.
2.  Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #336 is anything goes.
3.  Happy Little Stampers June Christmas Challenge is anything goes
4.  Allsorts has a Christmas in June Challenge.
 
  

 




 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty Christmas card Mary and perfect for our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 336 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!
    Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that big sentiment! Cute, cute! Thanks for linking up with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. I love your choice of patterned papers, and your die cuts oare perfectly placed. Thanks so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers June Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails