Thursday, June 8, 2017

~ Blooming Birthday ~

Hello Blogger Friends! Happy Thursday to you all. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Today I went out with my daughter-in-law to look for paint colors for my kitchen. I want one accent wall and then the other walls in a white.
So I found this color named restrained gold that looks so beautiful next to my countertop. The countertop has gold tones in it plus rich caramel shades. And, it coordinates well with the oak trim in my kitchen. It's not a shiny gold like we use for card making.  
 
The white is named steamed milk and has more beige tones in it. So next to my ceiling which is white, I think it looks good. This is a bit of a difficult decision to say the least. I am trying to finish up my kitchen project which has been going on for much longer than I care to talk about. And, I am so over it now.
 
Hopefully, my hubby will be in agreement with the colors I have chosen and we can buy the paint and get it done. Plus, Sherwin Williams has a 40% off sale going on right now.  So I have to decide rather quickly.
 
Now, lets move onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #637 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she chose sweet sugarplum. wild wasabi and daffodil delight as her color trio. Optional this week was to add some bling to your project.
sweet sugarplum, wild wasabi, daffodil delight
On this Stampin'-Up only card I did lots of stamping. The stamps I used are from the flower patch set. I always like the corner stamping that I see on a lot of the color challenge team's cards and then adding a sentiment to the middle. So, I thought I would give it a try.

I stamped in the challenge colors in each corner. Then stamped one of the bigger flowers from this set 2x with sweet sugarplum ink.  Die cut with the matching framelit dies. Used dimensional adhesive in between the flowers and slightly offset them for added depth.

I had some sweet sugarplum twine left from the March Paper Pumpkin Kit and used it on my card. The sentiment is stamped in sweet sugarplum ink and I scattered a few enamel dots for the bling to complete my card.
 
I will hold this one for my daughter-in-laws birthday in August. She loves flowers so this one will be perfect for her.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. Time to get my dinner started. I am making chicken & roasted garlic ravioli served with a basil pesto and a tossed salad. The lettuce and basil are both from our garden.
 
So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Flower Patch (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper: wild wasabi, whisper white
Paper Size: A2
Ink: wild wasabi, sweet sugarplum, daffodil delight
Accessories: flower fair framelits dies, sweet sugarplum twine, in-color enamel shapes, stamping dimensionals (Stampin'-Up)  

1 comment:

  1. This card is stunning and I love the little heart enamel added in there. So perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails