Sunday, August 14, 2016

~ Birthday Flowers ~

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
It's a beautiful Sunday here in Pittsburgh. I am getting ready to do some canning of fresh tomatoes today. Ours are coming in nicely but I don't have quite enough for canning. I will use them for marinara sauce and other various recipes. They are excellent when oven roasted and then pureed for a nice sauce.
 
So Friday night I decided to take a trip to one of the area Farmer's Markets. I was specifically looking for Roma tomatoes. Two of the farms at this market had them so I bought 1/2 bushel. That's about 25 lb of tomatoes which is just a little more than what I need for the recipe I use.
 
A new purchase for me this year is a tomato corer. It will make removing the cores of the tomatoes so much easier. I briefly tested it and I can core 4 tomatoes in 30 seconds. So much faster than doing it with a pairing knife. On my next post, I will give an update along with a photo of my canning efforts.
 
Now onto my card for today. this one I created for the color challenge #594 on Splitcoaststampers. I am your hostess this week and have chosen watermelon wonder, peekaboo peach and pear pizzazz as the color trio. Optional is flowers or fruit. So perfect since our flower and vegetable gardens are in full bloom.
watermelon wonder, peekaboo peach, pear pizzazz
 I started my card this week by choosing my designer paper. Well, in fact I should say I chose the color palette from the Stampin’-Up Fruit Stand Designer paper collection. I just love the beautiful colors & designs that Stampin’-Up put in that collection.

So that’s my background paper and I layered that over watermelon wonder cardstock. This layer is popped up from the card base for dimension. Over this layer I used some retired Stampin’-Up “peach parfait ribbon. It’s a little darker than the new peach shade but I think it works well with the designer paper. My card base is the new in-color peekaboo peach.

The image panel is using the field flowers stamp set. It’s a 2 step stamp set and to get the color gradient I stamped the watermelon wonder off 2x and then stamped the image.
 
The detail stamp is stamped full strength. I decided to fussy cut one of the flowers and pop it up on my card for added interest. I also popped up this layer from the designer paper layer. 

 To complete my card, I stamped my sentiment and added some peach enamel dots. That's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: Field Flowers (Stampin’-Up), Seashells (MFP)
Paper: peekaboo peach, watermelon wonder, whisper white, fruit stand dsp (Stampin’-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: watermelon wonder, pear pizzazz, tuxedo black (Memento) 
Accessories: 2016-2018 in-color enamel dots, peach parfait ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’-Up), ½” mounting tape (Scotch)  
Techniques: 2 step stamping

I am also entering:
1 613 Avenue Create is anything goes. Optional is anything goes. 
2.  Glitter 'N Sparkle is anything goes.
3.  Stamping Sensations is anything goes.      



8 comments:

  1. A super creation and great use of colour Mary, many thanks for joining our August challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Interested to read about your trip for tomatoes, we love the Super Roma variety but impossible to buy over here. We grow some but the UK weather is not conducive to good crops of them.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully colourful design, I love the warm colour tones and pretty stamping. Thank you for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colored design Mary. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I like how you popped up one of the flowers. Glad you have lots of tomatoes. We didn't get too many this year, first too dry and then too wet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card thanks for joining glitter n sparkle
    /Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful card Mary! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, Mary! Love the bold colors and the strong background paper! You integrated these elements masterfully! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails