Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Santa's List

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Wednesday to you. Well our beach vacation is over and I am back home in Pittsburgh all tanned and relaxed.
 
We had a wonderful time with our family. I consider that a blessing because I have heard some tales from my friends about family vacation disasters. I am preparing now for my other son and his family to come from San Francisco and bring my sweet Phoenix Daisy for a visit.
 
They will be here for 10 days and I am so looking forward to it. Needless to say I will be busy getting everything in order around my home. I also need to make a visit to the grocery store and stock up. So let's move on with my card for today.
 
This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I am featuring the Santa's List die that is part of the Christmas In July sale going on over at the Scrapping Cottage Store. The sale ends tonight at 9:00 pm Pacific time and there are some great deals to be had. You can save between 50%-80% on some Christmas dies.
 Now lets get started with the details on my card.
 Card Base:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Striped Paper: 4 1/8" x 2 3/4"
Vanilla embossed panel: 4 1/8" x 3"
 
My thought process on this card is to show Santa in a room checking out his naughty or nice list. I decided to create my wall background with some Stampin'-Up striped designer paper for the wallpaper and a vanilla dry embossed layer to represent wood beadboard. Used a Stampin'-Up embossing folder to create the stripes. The scalloped panel is the chair rail. And, that was part of an old Stampin'-Up Christmas scrapbook kit.
After I die cut the Santa silhouette in black, I decided to make a night sky for the window. I sponged 3 shades of blue distress inks and then made a stencil to add some stars to the night time sky. I sponged those in a silver ink. I cut the sponged panel down to the size of the window and used glue to attach.

I wanted Santa's gifts to stand out so I die cut them in red card stock. A few little snips to separate them from Santa's stool and they are ready to be paper pieced over the black. I also paper pieced the moon with some silver cardstock. I attached them with Tombow mono adhesive and Ranger multi-matte medium.

I attached the entire image to the background panel using 3D foam squares to give it dimension. My olive green carpet is actually a sneak peak of a new snow bank die coming soon.
To complete my card, I stamped my "naughty or nice" sentiment on vanilla cardstock and cut with the 3rd largest stitched circle die. Layered that onto a red circle cut with the 4th largest circle die
 And that is my card for this week. Hope it gave you some inspiration. Let me know your thoughts, I read all of the comments you leave. Also, don't forget about our current challenge. It's all about greenery and you can get more info here. Until next time........God bless.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsantaslistelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Dream Valley Challenges has a Christmas in July.
2.  The Glory of Christmas challenge is die cuts/punches.
3.  Challenge Up Your Life has a Christmas in July.
4.  Hiding in my Craft Room has a Chrismtas in July.
5.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is anything goes.

5 comments:

  1. I love silhouettes, Mary! And this little scene you've created is wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! And hi from an old 'burgher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!!!!! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Mary!! Love the striped dp with the silhouettes, really pretty! Glad your vacation was good Have a fabulous time with with sweet Phoenix Daisy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the traditional colour scheme! Great card ;o) Thank you for joining our "Christmas in July" challenge at the CUYL blog!
    Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a gorgeous card! I love Santa's silhouette! A perfect christmas card :) Thanks for sharing your creation over at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails