Wednesday, February 17, 2016

~Just a Note~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Wednesday to you all. Hope wherever you are that the crazy weather of the past few days has passed you by.
 
We had rain, ice and then snow here in the Pittsburgh area. It was enough to close schools yesterday. Our preschool goes by the local school district schedule so we were closed as well.
 
I stayed inside and started to take the wallpaper off in our kitchen. We are doing an update and this stuff is going. It started slow because I was doing it the hard way. Using water and a sponge I was soaking the wallpaper and making a mess. It came off on the one wall but the process was taking too much time.
 
Then I read a few articles online and saw I could use a spray bottle with hot water and either fabric softener or vinegar. I didn't have fabric softener since I use dryer sheets so I opted for the vinegar.
 
It worked much faster and definitely less mess. I managed to get another half wall removed. So I will be at it again today. My hubby is going to help tomorrow but I am hoping to have most of it done. Hopefully he can just finish up what I haven't gotten to. Behind the stove and refrigerator will be a bit of an issue because they will need pulled way from the wall.
 
Already with just one wall done I can see a difference in our kitchen. It's much brighter with the wallpaper removed. Now onto my card for today so I can get back to my work (lol).
 
This one I made for the color challenge #569 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was our hostess and she chose watermelon wonder, lost lagoon and old olive for her color trio.
 
 
watermelon wonder, lost lagoon, old olive
 For my card I wanted to use the flower patch stamp set as well as the picture perfect stamp set for the hummingbird image. I had my card idea but I couldn't get it to translate to paper the way I wanted.
 
What I mean is the flower patch dies don't line up so easily with the stamped image. So I had to search online for a video to see how it's done. That took some time. Then I remembered why I haven't really used this set from Stampin'-Up. It's a bit frustrating.
 
They have another set with a matching punch that's the same way. You have to search for instructions to see how to use it. There are too many companies out there now with stamps and matching dies where there are no issues. You just stamp, cut and go. Makes me think twice about buying more dies with matching sets from Stampin'-Up.

Plus there is a bit of a learning curve with the 3 step stamping on the hummingbird. All that to say I am a bit frustrated with my card this week. It took me all day to get this card finished. And I am not exaggerating when I say all day.

Anyway, my background stamp is the Stampin'-Up hardwood stamp set and I stamped in smoky slate on whisper white cardstock. The flowers are stamped and cut from the Stampin'-Up flower patch set.

My hummer is stamped and fussy cut. I finished my card by adding some lost lagoon ribbon and a bow. Well, my friends that's it for me for today. Off to my kitchen to start the wallpaper. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: flower patch, picture perfect, hardwood (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper: lost lagoon, whisper white, watermelon wonder P
Paper Size: A2 I
Ink: watermelon wonder, lost lagoon, old olive, smoky slate 
Accessories: flower fair framelits, blueprints 15 (MFT)lost lagoon satin ribbon  
 



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails