Friday, November 20, 2015

`thanks - thanks- thanks~

 
 


Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Friday to you all. I can't believe another weekend is here so quickly. And it's also the weekend before Thanksgiving.

I will buy my turkey on Saturday and start my shopping for the big meal. This is my favorite holiday and I just love to fuss over all the details. Whether it's a small crowd or a bigger one, I still make it special for everyone.

It's funny how you have memories of holidays from your childhood. This was always such a special one at our house. We had lots of extended family over for the celebration and my Mom always prepared such a fabulous meal. I still use her stuffing recipe for my turkey.

We also have our youngest grandson Ethan here for a sleepover. He and my hubby go to the high school football playoffs each year. They have been going since Ethan was in 3rd grade and now he is in 9th grade. 

He still loves going and looks forward to it each year. It's a 3 weekend playoff and the Saturday after Thanksgiving are the final games. They discuss the games beforehand and each picks a winner. They also make little wagers- like last weekend it involved lime tortilla chips. They both like eating them so the loser doesn't get to eat any at our house. Just some fun little things between them and it's a memory that will last for Ethan.

 So I will have a free night to do what I want. And the free time will be spent in my craft room. The organization is still a work in progress.

Now onto my card for today. This is one I made for the color challenge #556. Vicki is our hostess and she chose tempting turquoise, primrose petals, real red for her color palette. Optional is to use a tag.



I started my card by stenciling the background with the challenge colors. I used a stencil from Stampin'-Up and sponge daubers. Layered that onto tempting turquoise panel.

My tag is cut with a die from the MFT tag builders 4 set. I really like this new tag set. Added a button, turquoise trim and white twine. The thanks words are cut in primrose petals, tempting turquoise and real red. I used a die from Taylored Expressions.

My layout for this card is an older MojoMonday 420 sketch for my layout. Well, Blogger friends that's my card for today. Time to get started with my day. I have a teacher's meeting at Preschool and then off to the gym.

So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: white, tempting turquoise, real red, primrose petals
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tempting turquoise, primrose petals, real red
Accessories: tag builders blueprints 4 & star die (MFT), thanks die (Taylored Expressions), stripes ef, white twine, dots stencil (Stampin'-Up), turquoise button (Dill buttons), turquoise decorative trim (Hobby Lobby)
Techniques: Stencil 

I am also entering: 
1.  Crafting with an Attitude has an anything goes challenge.
2.  DL Art has  thank you/Thanksgiving challenge.
3.  Addicted to Stamps and more has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Double Click Skittles has a thank you /thanksgiving challenge.
5.  Cuttlebug Mania has a thanks challenge. 

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card...I love the red white and blue and your repeated thanks, such a sweet way to say thank you! Thanks for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles.

    Kim
    Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Mary! Great card! I hope you are doing great, too! I am super busy with teaching and kid events.....got to love the fall with football games, band competitions, and practices! I need to literally schedule or find time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby card Mary! Just right for the challenge and also for Thanksgiving. Clever to use the triple word dies.

    Hope your Thanksgiving celebrations go really well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    Cuttlebug Mania DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card! Love the fun color combo! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on this. Love that Taylored Expression die! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge. Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loveeeeeeeee this! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those colors are rad together! I love tags on cards.

    Thanks so much for joining us over at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!
    Lori-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails