Wednesday, November 11, 2015

HYCCT1527HERO ~Grateful~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Veteran's day to you all. I would like to thank all of the Veterans today for the service that has been given to the United States of America. We enjoy freedom here because of your service to our country.
 
Deceased veterans are also remembered on Veterans Day but the day is set aside to thank and honor living veterans who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime.
 
I have 6 brothers who served in the military as well as extended family. So my post today is dedicated to them. Thank You!!!
 
This is another card I created for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges on Splitcoaststampers. This challenge #27 was hosted by the Fantastic Four.  They want us to make a card with a superhero theme.

I don't have any superhero images so I put off doing this challenge. But, as I thought about it a couple of thoughts came to mind.

One, is my nephew who served 4 tours in Iraq and he has a family. He is a superhero to our family.
Two, is being blessed to live in this great country of ours. We have access to some of the best medical care in the world. So we can get treatment when we need it.

With that in mind I made this "patriotic grateful" card and used this card as my inspiration. Instead of embossing, I used a word die.

To create my card, I used the sun-ray die from MFT and cut in red. Cut a navy rectangle from a Spellbinders die and added a white star cut from another MFT die. My grateful word is a die from Paper Trey ink.
 
Well, Blogger friends that's my card for today. Time to get started with my long list of chores. So until next time........God bless.
 
Card Details:
Paper: whisper white, real red, night of navy 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: Sun Ray Die & Blueprints 18 (MFT), rectangle die (Spellbinders), Thanksgiving word dies (PaperTrey Ink) 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Fan-Tastic Tuesday has an anything goes. Twist: something with letter B - I used blue.
2.  Creative Moments has an anything goes.
3.  Inspiration Destination has an anything goes challenge.
4.  The Male Room has a remembrance or sympathy challenge.
5.  Ruby's Rainbow is a red, white and blue challenge.
 

10 comments:

  1. I love this card! I too posted a Veteran's Day card today. My son-in-law did two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love the different die cuts. My card is also for Veteran's day. My dad and grandpa are the veterans in our family. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges!

    http://snippetscrafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Mary thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card Mary!! It is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to all of our AMAZING people who have served to give us the freedom we enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Fan Tastic Tuesday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thanks for join us at creative moments, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs! Beatriz dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card, just right for Veterans Day, thank you for sharing it with us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really stunning!! Love the patriotic feel to it!! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at The Male Room! – Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki* - November Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very patriotic card - love the design and perfect for Veteran's Day. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card thank you for sharing with us over at Ruby's Rainbow, hope you will join us again
    Shaz DT x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails