Monday, August 4, 2014

~Yorkshire Birthday~

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I can't believe we are into August already. The summer is flying.
 
This week we are on vacation at the beach in Ocean City, MD with our son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandsons. We arrived on Saturday and will stay until Saturday, August 9.
 
We have guests staying at our home. That was a bit tricky getting ready for the guests as well as vacation. But, its our very good friends from Virginia and they were coming to Pittsburgh for a family event. So they will take care of the house while we are gone. A win-win for both of us.
 
It has been overcast for 3 days although the sun did peek out a bit yesterday afternoon. The overcast conditions have kept the crowds at bay on the beach. Yesterday, we took our corn hole game down and had a little family competition.  It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.
 
Last night our dinner out was at a place called "liquid assets".   The food was really good and they carried a variety of different wines and craft beers for purchase. It was a good choice for our first dinner out.
 
We usually eat breakfast and lunch in and then have dinner out. Right now we have a pork shoulder in the crockpot to have pulled pork sandwiches for lunch.  It's one of the boys favorite meals.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the inspiration challenge #450 on Splitcoaststampers. Audrie was our hostess and she took us to the Country Curtains site for our inspiration.
 
I chose the Yorkshire lined rod pocket curtains as my inspiration piece. The pattern reminded me of some Stampin-U designer paper that I had from the "modern medley" collection.

I used the layout from the Wednesday sketch #497 challenge for my card.

The inspiration photo had some touches of red with flowers and wall hangings so I picked up on that in my layout.

The flowers are from the Stampin-Up "simple stems" set. On the bottom corner I fussy cut one and popped it up for a bit of dimension.
 
The birthday die is from PTI. Added some butterflies with pearl centers to complete my card.
 
That's my card for today. Time to get my day rolling, so until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: simple stems (Stampin-Up), sending happy thoughts (MFP) 
Paper: VV, basic black, modern medley dsp (stampin-up) 
Ink: real red 
Accessories: PTI birthday die, MS butterfly punch, Spellbinders Matting Basics A, SU pearls   
 
I am also entering:
1.  Come and Get it Challenges has an all about dies challenge.
2.  Crafting At The Weekend has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Natalie's and Amy's challenge has a die cuts and flowers.  


5 comments:

  1. Very nice birthday card. Love the red, white and black. Great little butterflies. Have fun on your vacation. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny- DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mary, I love the pops of red with the black and white! I hope you guys have a wonderful time on vacations and praying that you will have a wonderful time of ministering to one another ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love these colours together!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Perfect coloring! Thanks for playing at Crafting at the weekend! We hope to see you next time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so striking!
    What a perfect solution with your house! Hope you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails