Wednesday, August 27, 2014

~Cupcake Birthday~

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Well, it's back to school time. My grandsons started back today. No issues with the school bus- so that starts the day off right. They both came home with homework and they weren't real happy but not to much complaining.
 
I picked Ethan (our youngest grandson) up after school. He was a little tired and a little cranky but, I was still excited to see him. I stayed with them until 10:00 this evening. Usually I am not there that long but my son and daughter-in-law had a dinner out planned with some friends.
 
Now I am back home and even the drive home was a little quicker than usual. I made it in just under 40 minutes. I wanted to get my blog post done and head off to bed. I have plans to go to the outlets tomorrow to look for a dress for an upcoming wedding.
 
So onto my card for today. I needed a card for a 70th birthday party we were invited to and this is what I came up with. I wanted some fun and trendy.
 
My card started with my layout and I used the MojoMonday #358 sketch. 


My card colors are from the Splitcoaststampers CC491. Peggy was our hostess and she chose the fabulous color trio of blackberry bliss, so saffron and bermuda bay. Our   option was to "put a sentiment on it". 
 
The card background panel is Stampin-Up designer paper from the  "moonlit" collection. I used the Stampin-Up set "cupcake party" and stamped in bermuda bay.

To complete my card I die cut the birthday word in bermuda bay. The die is from PaperTrey Ink.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time......God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good enough to eat and it'll be a great card for someone turning 70. Love that birthday die you used on here!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and beautiful birthday card, Mary! A wonderful use of these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors on this Mary - love the cup cake - always fun for a b'day card! Sounds like you've got a busy life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be able to spend time with your grandkids!

    Love the colors on your Birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun and I love how you used the colors! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails