Thursday, April 3, 2014

~some bunny loves you~

 
Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Well the weight loss challenge at my gym is over and winners announced. I came in 3rd place with a 15% weight loss. I won a month of working with a trainer.
 
I was disappointed at first then I had to give myself a "talking to". I have lost 22 lbs. -I feel good and I am eating healthy. The competition was the push I needed to do what I have wanted to do for over a year. It's so easy to fall into unhealthy eating habits and then start adding weight. Since I am only 5 ft. 3", a 20 lb. weight gain is big for me. And that works the same in reverse. A 20 lb. loss is really visible on me.
 
So now my focus is to keep eating healthy, keep going to the gym, and keep the weight off.  The 5 member team that I was a part of during the competition has decided to keep exercising together. I like the idea because it will give me the incentive I need to get to the gym .
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge. Becky is our hostess and she chose the color trio of old olive, night of navy and bermuda bay.
 
I just bought these Impression Obsession "bunny" dies and the Memory Box "massa leaf" die and decided to make an Easter card. I saw this framed Easter bunnies card on the KittieKraft BlogSpot and used her tutorial to make my card.
 
I sponged the background with Ranger peacock feathers ink to create the sunrays. Added grass cut with an MFT die and wildflowers cut with a Memory Box die.
Used a punch for the eggs that are in the grass. The navy frame is cut with a Spellbinders die. My sentiment is from Great Impressions Stamps.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.
  
Card Recipe: 
Stamps: some bunny loves you C343 (Great Impressions Stamps) 
Paper: bermuda bay, ww, night of navy old olive, Stampin-Up welcome neighbor dsp 
 Paper Size: A2
Ink: Ranger peacock feathers, Stampin-Up night of navy 
Accessories: Memory Box Massa leaf and Wildflowers dies, Impression Obsession bunny die. Spellbinders small square die, Marvy flower punch, MFT grass die, Stampin-Up circle punch 
 

5 comments:

  1. Mary, your card is beautiful and so detailed. I love it and love the bunnies.
    Losing 22 lbs. is awesome. Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, Mary! Awesome use of die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card, Mary! I love the layout. Congrats on your weight loss! 20 pounds is an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Mary!! The dimension you created with the little scene is Fabulous and it really pops on the white!! Im sorry you didnt win first place BUT you are still a winner because you have done a fabulous job loosing 22 lbs!! That is a great accomplishment and took real determination ;) Congrats!!!!! Have a blessed weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bunnies and flowers spilling out of the frame and around the card! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails