Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let go, Let God

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

Rain, rain and more rain was the order for the day today. But, April showers bring May flowers remember.

Our hyacinths have already come and gone. The early tulips are done and now we have our mid-spring tulips coming up.

The grape hyacinths are still blooming. I have been meaning to take some photos of the flowers, but I keep forgetting.

I have been concentrating on my cards and now I have 100 wedding invitations to make for a young couple from church. I have a friend coming tomorrow to help me and then another one on Friday.

I have decided that production work is definitely not my thing. I like making a card and then moving on to the next one. So I think I won't make any more invitations. I also think I said this before. Hopefully, the next time I will remember.

With that being said, let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for the featured stamper challenge on splitcoaststampers. this week the honors went to Susan aka lateblossom. She is a stamper who has really mastered the clean and simple style of stamping.

I chose her feel better grid card to recreate ala mary marsh style. We have to change at least 2 things on the card. I used different patterned paper, a different stamp set and added a butterfly and silver pearls. I kept the grid pattern that Susan used on her card.

My paper is from Stampin-Up's "springtime vintage" collection. The sentiment in the center is a new set just  released  from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. "Let go, let God" is the name of the set. There are 5 sentiments in this set that would be good for either a card front or the inside.

The butterfly on my card is from another new Sweet 'n Sassy set called "tea time". I stamped it on patterned paper cut it out and added some silver pearls for a little bling. That's my card for today!!

You can join the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection, a community for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps customers & fans to connect by sharing, learning & creating. There are lots of card samples on the site and membership is free.


So until next time.........

6 comments:

  1. Mary, this is so sweet! The grid design adds interest, while not detracting from your sentiment! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful grid card! Like that patterned paper too. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this grid card. I'm sure the invitations will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fresh spring time beauty, Mary! The sentiment is so very true, wish I would remember that! TFS! Don't envy you with all those invitations to create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous and just LOVE how you used the pattern papers! So fresh and fabulous! Lovely card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! So pretty,yet so simple!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails