Wednesday, March 9, 2011

watering can card


Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to drop by and visit me at the charmed life blog. It was another all day rain here in Pittsburgh.

Driving was not fun and of course it was one of those days that I was out and about. I went to a cooking class at the Crate Cooking School. It's a local retail store and she conducts cooking classes as well.

This one was a demonstration class. It's the type that  I prefer. The instructors prepare the food and we eat it. I have been to the hands on classes as well but I dont like them as well.

I like taking notes and watching what they do so when I am back in my kitchen I can re-create th meal we had. today it was: Roasted Eggplant Parmesan • Fennel Salad with Supremed Oranges • Dried Cherry and Pistachio Biscotti.

Everything was so yummy. I have never made biscotti and today I saw that it is pretty simple to prepare. I am definitely going to try it. I think I will make the eggplant and salad this weekend.

Because I have some special visitors. My sweet little Phoenix Daisy is coming to Pittsburgh to visit her Grandmother. I am so excited. It's been 2 months since we visited with Brett & Ghilly. They will only be staying until Monday but I will have them all for 3 full days. Fun-fun-fun!!



Here is a recent picture of Phoenix Daisy. It's her first pair of jeans. Too cute I tell you!!

So onto my card for today. I made this one for the technique challenge on splitcoaststampers. We were to make an odd shaped card. I remembered this temple that I had for a watering can. It is from Waltzingmouse stamps.

I printed it on cardstock 2x  and then cut it out. I used rose red cardstock and a matching designer paper. The flower is a new Stampin-Up Sizzix die - fun flowers.

I cut it from the rose red cardstock and the designer paper is from Stampin-Up's  "cutie pie" collection.
My butterfly is a spellbinders die and I used the same designer paper.
On the handle & spout I used the cuttlebug dots embossing folder.
That completed this card.

Other challenges:

1.  ABC Challenge has a "p" is for pearls challenge. I used pearls on my butterfly.
2.  Craft your passion blog has an anything goes challenge.
.

card recipe:
paper: su rose red, cutie pie dsp

ink: rose red
accessories: bigz fun flowers, spellbinders butterfly, pearls, cb ef

16 comments:

  1. Wau--aivan ihana kastelukannu-kortti!!
    Mistä olet saanut tähän idean--loistava!
    Kiitos osallistumisestasi tähän ABC-haasteeseen ja tulethan uudelleenkin!
    Ja onnea sulisen palkinnon arvontaan--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,

    What a great card! I really like the watering can shape and the colors that you used are gorgeous. The flower and the butterfly add just the right touch! Great job!
    *Hugs*
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love the watering can shape. Nicely embellished and lovely colours.
    Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!!!
    Have fun with that grandbaby too! Precious.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your watering can is just as cute as can be, Mary! And little Phoenix Daisy is adorable. Have a wonderful visit with your granddaughter and her family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!

    Thanks for joinig us at ABC this week

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the watering pot card is so darling and so cheerful. I love spring flowers (our daffodils are blooming) but the spring rain we are having, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! The cooking class sounds like fun. All the better when you can eat what you make - or have made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, Mary! And Phoenix Daisy is soooo cute! I love those little jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness what a sweet image! Love that watering can! Your granddaughter is just precious and quite the fashionable young lady in those jeans. Have fun with your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card! But I have to say the baby is much cuter, lol! So glad your family is coming for a visit! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute card. You did a beautiful job with this one. But I have to say it pales next to the picture of your beautiful Granddaughter! She is a little doll baby! Hope you are enjoying your time with them! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, look at how big she is getting already! Pretty soon she will be sitting up all by herself. SO precious!!
    Love your watering can card, Mary. Hope you have been doing well. I am going to try and get back into the swing of blog visits. Haven't had much extra time lately for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...your watering can card is gorgeous! But that little Phoenix Daisy steals the show - lol - especially in her new jeans! How adorable! So happy to hear you get to spend time with your son and his family...it has to be hard living so far away from them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling watering can..just adorable. Oh, but that little Phoenix Daisy is the star of the show. Love the little jeans. I know how you miss her. I will be getting to see my two yr. old this coming weekend when they come from GA. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful watering can!!! I love everything about it. How awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails