Saturday, March 25, 2017

Woodland Animals Masculine Card

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. Another weekend is upon us and it is expected to be a warm one here in Pittsburgh.
 
I have been staying over my son's home to take care of their dog while they are away for a week. My youngest grandson is in Orlando for a baseball tournament and this year my son and daughter-in-law decided to go along.
 
Originally I thought I might bring Apollo here but then I wasn't sure how he would be when I had to go to preschool. It's a different house and his family is away. Lots of driving back and forth but I am glad to be able to help. Hubby has split his time between our house and their house. They come back Tuesday afternoon so not too many more days.
 
I drove back here yesterday to create my card for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. So let's get started on the details of my card.
 
There was a release of a really cute Woodland Animals stamp and die combo back in January. Maybe you missed it or maybe you were thinking you're not into woods or woodland themes. But, how about thinking out of the box with this stamp and matching die set.

I needed a masculine birthday card that would have a “from all of us” sentiment. So I decided to create a birthday card using these cute animals. Let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Turquoise card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Stampin'-Up designer paper layer: 3 5/8" x 4 5/8"
Crushed Curry Rectangle Frame: largest in set

Step 1: Stamped the deer, raccoon and fox in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a 120# weight white cardstock. I colored them using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol which is an odorless mineral spirits. Since these are wax based pencils the Gamsol helps to move the color around. The heavier weight paper seems to work better for me when I use these colored pencils.

Pencil colors I used:
Deer: 1094 Sandbar brown and 948 Sepia
Fox: 1032 Pumpkin Orange, 943 Burnt Ochre and 948 Sepia
Raccoon:  French Gray 70%, French Gray 90%, 928 Blush Pink and Black
 
Step 2:  Looked through my cardstock and patterned papers for my color scheme. I found this festive paper from the Stampin'-Up "cherry on top" collection. I thought it would work great as a background layer for my woodland animals. The paper determined my card base (turquoise), the wide rectangle layer (crushed curry), as well as the flag (cucumber crush) that I used for my sentiment.
 
Step 3:  I wanted my birthday sentiment stamped right on the patterned paper. So I pulled out my MISTI to get it placed where I wanted. To make the sentiment stand out against the patterned paper,  I embossed it using Versamark and Tuxedo Black ink plus clear embossing powder. I also stamped the "from all of us" sentiment on the cucumber flag panel. I didn't take a photo of this.
 
Step 4: Everything is prepped and ready for card assembly. I used dimensional adhesive on the pierced wide rectangle frame and on the animal images. I placed the animals on one of the scalloped banners on the patterned paper.
 
Well, that's my card for this post. So until next time........God bless.
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwoodlandanimalsstampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwiderectangleframesetbasics.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Brown Sugar has an anything goes challenge.
2.  4 Crafty Chicks has a punches or dies challenge.
3.  Crafty Friends has a "B" is for........ challenge.
4.  My Time to Craft has a woodland animals challenge.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Bet you thought I had dropped off the face of the earth as it's been a long time since I've dropped by. - Well Im still here. - This is a really cute card. I love the animals. - I don't stamp much anymore but when I do I'll be sure to post it. I'll try to pop in more often now that our computer issues are fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a fun stamp set to play with ... thank you for joining us a Brown Sugar Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary... it’s so lovely to see you have joined us with your fabulous card. Thank you for entering your Boys Birthday card into our ‘B is for…’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh those are super cute, love those stamp critters and dies. hummm might need to go shopping. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Leanne DT-4CC

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails