Thursday, December 8, 2016

SnowGlobe Santa

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
I mentioned a few months ago that we were doing an update in our kitchen. No new cabinets but a new countertop, backsplash, floor and appliances. Well it's still not finished. Although our contractor is coming on Monday for the floor and backsplash.
 
We had a setback because of the lighting in our kitchen. We have a wood ceiling in the kitchen that my husband did not want to take down. It made the kitchen dark and I didn't know what to do.
 
So after a few consultations with the contractor we decided to paint he ceiling white. It made such a big difference. Interesting side note, once we decided to paint the ceiling there was a big article on the Houzz site about painting wood ceilings.
 
The contractor that was interviewed for the article was all for painting the wood ceilings to bring in more light as well as update the room. So I was happy with the decision that we made. I am so ready to have this project finished. My house has been in a state of disruption since April. But soon it will be completed.
 
Now let's move on to my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #611. Karen was our hostess and she chose very vanilla, wild wasabi and real red. Optional this week is make it sparkle.
real red, wild wasabi, very vanilla
 I decided to make a snow globe card with a Santa insert for one of the kids on my Christmas card list. The snow globe is a CottageCutz die.

Everything I did on my card this week is self-explanatory. I did sponge wild wasabi ink on the same color cardstock to get a deeper shade of green.
To cover the dessert option, I used gold and silver glimmer paper. Gold is the layering piece on the snow globe plate and silver for Santa's belt buckle.

The North Pole sentiment is a stamp from Stampin'-Up. I separated it from the original set so not sure what the set name is. The Merry Christmas sentiment is from the MFT set "stitched stockings".

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "all is calm" collection. I layered it on smoky slate cardstock. Well, that completes my card for today. So until next time..........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: LJD stitched stockings (MFT), unknown stamp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: real red, smoky slate, whisper white, very vanilla, wild wasabi, all is calm dsp (Stampin'-Up), silver and gold glimmer paper (Recollections)  
Paper Size: A2
Ink: wild wasabi, tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: snow globe, snow globe and winter accessories (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  Creative Knockouts has a snow much fun challenge. I used a snow globe.
2.  DL.Art challenge has a any winter holiday.
3.  Moving Along with the Times has a Christmas scenes challenge.
4Little Red Wagon has a Santa's coming to town challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Santa is adorable. Hope your kitchen project wraps soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, this is so beautiful! I appreciate all the work that went into creating it. The fun "snowy" background paper is so perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card! I saw your comment on one of my blogs. The one I posted the dies are I've just been using as an image hosting site for sharing some photos since photobucket isn't so great anymore. I have a different blog I post crafty stuff on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and wonderful layout. Just love Santa. Thank you so much for inspiring us at Creative Knockouts Winter Wonderland Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary - this is so cute! -I always love good old Santa for Christmas crafting -a fab scene! - hope you have a fab Christmas and thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails