Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Screen Divider Card


 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Wednesday to you all. The countdown is on for me. I am leaving for the beach in South Carolina in a couple of days.
 
We are really looking forward to getting away and relaxing at the ocean. Lots of preparations still to be made to get ready to leave but I wanted to get this blog post up before I start my day.
 
This Screen Divider card I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I have never made one of these before and I was really happy with how it turned out. So here are all the details and pictures of my process.
 
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 11"
Decorated Panels: 2 5/8" x 4 1/4"

Step 1: Score 5 1/2" x 11" cardstock at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", and 8-1/4" in the horizontal position.
 
Step 2: To create the Screen Divider fold, fold in half at 5 1/2" score then fold each side back in the opposite direction on the scored lines.



Step 3: Unfold card and lay flat. Using a border punch, create a punched border along the top edge of the card. I used a Martha Stewart trellis punch. I started punching at the 5 1/2" center point and worked my way across the card.
 
Step 4: To create "legs" at the bottom of the screen you can either use a punch or a die. For my card I used a punch. I worked with half of the card at a time. Keeping the two left panels folded, slide the bottom of those two panels into the punch (only 2 layers at a time will work). Position the cardstock about one-third of the way into the punch and center side to side, then punch.


Step 5: The screen divider is ready for decorating.

I started my 1st panel by sponging in some clouds with pool party ink using a cloud template.
 
Die-cut the pieces for this panel using the grass, trees & vines, build-a-house accessories, spring stamps and fancy pocket plus dies. Bike is cut in calypso coral cardstock, tree in gumball green and Stampin'-Up epic day designer paper, birdhouse in pool party.
 
The next panel I again used pool party ink to sponge the panel and gumball green for the grassy area. The dies are from the same sets listed above.
 
The 3rd panel is using the same dies listed above plus the garden accessories & hello spring dies. I cut a stencil from the clouds & sun die and sponged in the sun in the upper corner. I also added clouds and a grassy area. I wanted some small butterflies so I used a Martha Stewart punch for those.

 
On the last panel I used the spring bloom corner and the bicycle in grass  and the fancy pocket plus dies. I sponged the background in pool party ink. My corner is cut in calypso coral cardstock and the butterflies in rich razzleberry cardstock.
 
I adhered the panels to the screen divider and to hold in place I used some pool party ribbon that matches the card base.
 
 
Here are some other close-up shots of the card panels.



 
All sentiments are from Great impressions Stamps. I used the Little Pleasures (C402) and Love Summer Stamps (D462).
 
And, that my friends is my card for today. Thanks for sticking with me till the end of this post. I know it was a long one.
 
Also a reminder about the current challenge with CottageCutz. This one is to use Greenery and there are prizes to be won. Get more info here.
 
So until next time......God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  Great Impressions Stamps has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Simon Says Stamp wants us to create a scene.
3.  City Crafter has an on the border challenge.

10 comments:

  1. What a fun and fabulous card, Mary! Well worth all of the work for this beautiful result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now...isn't that wonderful! So cute, and what a surprise that will be in someones mailbox! Great job - good luck with the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful post to see and read. I love your take on our theme; the design, shape of your card and final result are gorgeous. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! And have a wonderful vacation:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card. Fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a FUN card ... and so much work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute scene! So glad to have found you through the City Crafter Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's wonderful!! And so beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! So much detail. I love every scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that is so cool and beautiful! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This is a beautiful card! Love the fancy fold and scene you created! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month, and I hope you to see you next month.
    Ruza ~ GI DTC
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails