Saturday, March 28, 2020

Bunnies with a Balloon

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday in March. 

Hope you are all safe and making it through these times. We are ok at my home. Abiding by our governor's stay at home order. To get out of the house for a bit I have been walking my neighborhood. 
Also experimenting in my kitchen with different recipes. That's been fun. I am being careful now to use all of what I make. Don't want to be throwing any food away. I don't usually waste food But now I am using every last bit. 

To relax and take my mind off the situation, besides cooking, I have been spending time in my craft room. It's my haven. So here is what I have to show you today.

This card I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new Backside Bunnies die. I saw a challenge over on Splitcoaststampers titled "looking up" and I immediately thought of these bunnies. 

For my layout, I used the current MojoMonday sketch #533.The horizontal panel was perfect for displaying the bunny images. 

I looked for some spring like designer paper in my collection and found this sheet from BoBunny in my collection. So I coordinated it with Stampin'-Up gorgeous grape & pear pizzazz cardstocks. I used the dimensions given for the panels except for my card base and designer paper layer. I made that slightly larger. For the center rectangle panel I decided to use ribbon.

gorgeous grape card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
designer paper layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
white rectangle panel: I used the 3rd largest
pierced rectangle die.
Since the bunnies are outside watching their floating bunny balloon, I decided to sponge in some clouds and grass using distress inks. 
Now that my card elements are cut and prepped I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the ribbon to the designer paper. And, then attached that to the card base using double sided tape. Embossed panel is attached with the same adhesive. 
I attached the bunnies to the sponged panel with double sided tape and stamped my Easter sentiment. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig for placement since this stamp is a red rubber stamp.  
To finish off my card, I added some white enamel dots. It's one of my fave embellishements and I like the look they add to a card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. Stay safe and until next time.........God bless. 

dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:

1.  Cardz4Galz has a cute animal challenge.
2.  Cute Card Thursday has an Easter challenge.
3.  Krafty Chicks has an all occasions challenge.
4.  Time Out Challenges has lots or a little purple 
5.  Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes.   

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Mary! I love the little bunny scene you've created here. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this great Easter card! Your cute bunnies are ready to go! Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Great Easter card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bunnies are absolutely adorable - a perfect Easter card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails