Friday, January 19, 2018

Happy New Year

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. Wow already past the half way in January. Have you noticed the days are getting longer? It was 6:40 here last night and it was still light. Yay- always love it when I can watch the days get longer. Makes the cold and snowy winter days just a bit more bearable.
 
This is also the time of year when I make comfort foods for dinner. They always seem to taste better when it's really cold. The other night we had chili and cornbread. I only had 1# of ground beef and I didn't want to go out to the store. So I looked in my freezer and I had a 1# package of lamb gyro burgers. I buy them from a local store that deals only in organic and grass fed beef and other meats.
 
The chili was amazing. We started eating only grass fed meats about a year ago. What a difference in the taste and of course it's better for you. Tonight  I am making a stir fry with some free range chicken. Chicken is another meat that tastes so different when there is no growth hormone or antibiotics etc fed to the chickens.
 
Anyway all of that to say I am cooking more heartier foods to get us through this extreme cold spell. Now let's move onto my card for today.
 
This one I made for the color challenge #668. I was the hostess and I chose sweet sugarplum, choc chip and mint macaron for the color trio. Optional was something new - stamp, die, technique or a New Years card.
sweet sugarplum, mint macaron, choc chip
I decided to make a New Years card and I used a new to me die from Impression Obsession for the sentiment. I wanted to send it out to a neighbor that I received a late Christmas card from but here it is January 19th and I haven't mailed it yet. So it's going in my Christmas stash for next year.
 
 Layered the sentiment over a double stitched circle die from CottageCutz.

Stamped my own background in sugarplum and mint macaron inks with a fireworks stamps from Great Impressions.

Added a center panel of sweet sugarplum cardstock and mint macaron ribbon for added interest. To complete my card, I used enamel dots for the fireworks center.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Twirly & Fireworks (Great Impressions Stamps)  
Paper: Choc Chip, Mint Macaron, Whisper White (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: sweet sugarplum, mint macaron (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: it's my party enamel dots, in-color enamel shapes, mint macaron ribbon, double stitched circle die (CottageCutz), Merry Christmas/Happy New Year die (Impression Obsession)  
 
I am also entering: 
1PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Cardz 4 Galz has an anything but square challenge.
3.  Creative Knockouts has an in stitches challenge. I used a stitched circle die.
 

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card.
    Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck!!
    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I really love your color combination! Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous thank you so much for playing along this week at Polkadoodles
    Jacki ♥♥ (polkaddoddles DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project!

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.

    Ania DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails