Saturday, December 9, 2017

Merry Christmas Shaker

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in December.
 
I can't believe it's just a little more than 2 weeks until Christmas. My house is decorated and I just have to finish up my Christmas cards. That is my goal for this weekend. Which is why I am showing you a Christmas card today.
 
This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I created a Christmas shaker card. I used the Merry Christmas w/reindeer and Mistletoe & Bells dies. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card.

Step 1: Shaker cards are not difficult to make. And the following tutorial will show you how simple they really are. I started by cutting my circle in the image panel. Used the 3rd largest of the Circle dies- it's a 2 3/4"" circle. I embossed the panel with a falling snow folder.
Image Panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Step 2: Cut the dies I am using for my card. The pine tree inside the shaker is from the Window Christmas Friends die, also used the Merry Christmas w/reindeer and Mistletoe & Bells dies. I used the largest of the Stitched Square dies and cut the panel that would hold the shaker elements in place. I stamped this panel with some snowflakes.
Step 3: Started the assembly of the shaker part of card. Used glue dots to attach the  3 1/2" window sheet to the back side of the image panel. I took a used dryer sheet and rubbed it across the window sheet. It eliminates the static. Used dimensional foam adhesive and attached to edge of circle. I used my powder tool (EK Success) and ran it around the inside of the foam adhesive. It keeps the sequins from sticking to the adhesive.
Added some different colored sequins to the inside of the circle.
I then attached the pine trees to the square panel and then centered the panel over the sequins. 
 I used more dimensional adhesive on the back of this panel to allow it to sit evenly on the card base.
Attached this shaker panel to the red card base.
Step 4: Cut my Merry Christmas sentiment in red cardstock.
Used Ranger multi medium matte and attached to card front.
To complete my card, I added the mistletoe and bells and scattered a few red sequins. I hope I have given you some inspiration on a fun Christmas card. That's it for me for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmerrychristmaswreindeer.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmistletoeandbells.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwindowchristmasfriends.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge has anything Christmas goes.
2.  Card Mania has a Christmas challenge.
3.  Country View Challenge has a Christmas theme.
4.  Creative Craft Cottage has a Christmas is coming challenge.
5.  Dive Cut Diva's has a Winter theme challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful scene there. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and wonderful tutorial - thankyou! Wishing you a very Happy New Year and big thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails