Wednesday, February 15, 2017

~ I Just Called ~

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
It's the day after Valentine's Day 2017. Hope you were able to do something special with someone you love. Last year hubby & I decided to start a new tradition by staying home and I cook us a special meal. So I wanted to continue it again this year.
 
We started off our evening with appetizers and a glass of wine. I found some really good cheese and crackers at Whole Foods. I served that with delicious array of olives from the olive bar at Whole Foods.
 
The 2nd course was a chopped green salad with kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, radicchio, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds with a poppy seed dressing.
The next course was a smoked mozzarella and roasted pepper ravioli with a homemade basil pesto. I served a dinner roll with this course.
 
I ended up the meal with a grilled grass fed strip steak topped with a blue cheese butter. For dessert, I served a raspberry chocolate cheesecake along with a vanilla gelato.
 
The meal was spread over a 3 hour period which we both laughed about. But just being the two of us we could do that because we weren't under any time constraints.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This is the car d I gave to my hubby for Valentine's Day. When we were first married he used to call and sing this song to me at my office. It's a song from Stevie Wonder.
 
wild wasabi, wisteria wonder, soft sky
Here are the card details. This is my sample for the Color Challenge #620 on Splitcoaststampers. Pam was our hostess and she chose wild wasabi, wisteria wonder, and soft sky for her color trio. Optional this week is thank you. I skipped it on this card.

I am still in need of Valentine’s cards so that’s the direction I went. And, I like using non-traditional colors for Valentine’s cards.

For my layout, I used the MojoMonday 482 sketch from January 30th. It is a square layout this week and my card size is a 4” square.

Background designer paper is from the Stampin’-Up “have a cuppa” collection. The wisteria wonder hearts are perfect for my Valentine card. For the 2 squares in the layout, I used the CottageCutz love postage die and cut them in basic gray for a little contrast. This is one of my neutrals this week.

The telephone is also a CottageCutz die and includes the hello word that I cut in soft sky cardstock. The sentiment is from the GinaK Designs stamp set “sung from the heart”.
 
And, that is my card for today. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: sung from the heart (GinaK Designs)
Paper: whisper white (thick), soft sky, wild wasabi, basic gray, have a cuppa dsp (Stampin’-Up)  
Paper Size: Square
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: love postage, telephone dies and double stitched circle dies (CottageCutz)
 
I am also entering:  
1.  Cards Und More has a love challenge.
2.  The Paper Shelter has a "be my Valentine" challenge.
3.  Stampin' Royalty has a die challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Love your design and all the die cutting on your card! Thank you for joining our "Valentine's Day" challenge at Cards und More! Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of die cuts! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter, good luck hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! Love the colour and the phonedie.
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck!
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. A telephone die! How cute! Thank you for joining our challenge at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails