Sunday, June 7, 2015

MOJO400 ~Love Comforts~

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's a beautiful Sunday here in Pittsburgh. My bronchitis is gone and I was able to attend church services today. So it's a wonderful day for me.
 
Our Saturday was a busy one. I had a baby shower to attend for my niece and we were also invited to a graduation party. My hubby took care of the grad party and I went to the shower.
 
The favors and table decorations at the shower were so cute. My niece has a critters theme for her nursery. So the table decorations were along that line. We all received a different animal made from balsa wood. Mine was a raccoon.
 
We also received a muslin bag with some hand soap and lotion from Bath & Body works. The bag was decorated with a little squirrel. Then I won our table centerpiece. it was a mason jar painted in a rustic way with pink paint and filled with fresh flowers. She is having a girl.
 
We had some cookies on our table as well. They were mini acorns made from nutter butters and a mini chocolate kiss. Super cute!!!
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the MOJO400 sketch. Congrats Julee on an incredible milestone!! For this sketch, Julee went back to the original sketch she posted way back in September of 2007.
 
And to celebrate this big milestone there is a contest and a fabulous prize on the MojoMonday blog. The prize is a spot on the MojoMonday blog team. How exciting. Yes, I want to be a MojoMonday designer.
 
 
So I mulled over a design for a few days, and today I put my thoughts to paper. I had this idea for the corner half circle to use the sun from the Stampin'-Up set "kinda eclectic".
 
I found some designer paper in my stash that had some background script. I remember buying this to do a scrapbook page several years ago but I never got around to it. So it was sitting waiting to be used today.
 
I stamped the sun in crushed curry ink and also 3 butterflies from the same set in the upper corner. I fussy cut another butterfly and layered it over a stamped one for some added interest.
 
My sentiment is from the Verve set "stronger love" and stamped in soft suede ink. I thought it carried my sunshine theme through. To complete the card I added some pale yellow sequins from the Verve "pastel sequin" mix.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: stronger love (Verve), kinda eclectic (Stampin'-Up)
Ink: crushed curry, soft suede
Paper: crushed curry, naturals ivory, designer paper (
Accessories: Spellbinders Matting Basic A & B, Pastel Sequins (Verve)
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the sketch with that glorious sun! Love the sentiment and the butterflies look so pretty on here. Love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just perfection! Such a glorious card and concept. Thanks so much for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! What a great way to use that stamp set! Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the shower, and I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails